1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Help with turkey mount!

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by TaxiMan12, Apr 10, 2014.

1. TaxiMan12

TaxiMan12 New Member

A guy killed a bearded hen opening day and skinned it out for me then brought it, and told me he wanted the tail fan spread
    out and the back and then the wings right where they're supposed to be. When I opened the bag, part of it looked like a piece of shrapnel.
    I am just a beginner and would like some advice on what this is supposed to look like. Pictures would really be appreciated.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. critterstuffr

critterstuffr New Member

I don't think from the pictures you have enough to do what is being asked of you. Two plans here 1. Tell him you will do the best you can with what you have (remind him in writing he skinned it) and more or less mount it for practice. Do the best you can you'll learn something and gain some experience. 2. Tell him if your mounting it you should have skinned it. Do a Tail / Beard mount and that's the best you can offer him. Me I'd offer number two. JMO :)

3. alan webfoot

alan webfoot New Member

great another guy who thought they'd save you some work. Thing is he wanted the meat which is a VERY good thing but you can skin one in 12 or 15 minutes hand him the carcass,and save freezer space . Yeah tail and wing mount for that mess. Sorry ,could be once in a lifetime bird.

4. HMD

HMD New Member

Take a look at Walnut creek hardwood They have some nice plaques that would work well and maybe give you some ideas.

http://www.walnutcreekhardwood.com/

5. TaxiMan12

TaxiMan12 New Member

THANK YOU everybody for the advice :)

6. Tom Mayer

Tom Mayer Member

I am sorry to say this, but I laughed my @$$ off when I saw the photo. I am a meat cutter by trade. You wouldn't believe some of the crap that some, not most hunter's bring in and want me to process. I do taxidermy as a hobby. I love this website.