1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

UTA 2014 Expo Artisan Award

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by UNITED TAXIDERMIST ASSOCI, Apr 10, 2014.

1. “Artisan”

A person who is skilled at making things by hand.

By definition we all fit the bill. Skilled craftspersons at our trade…taxidermy.

Yet there is the one…the one chosen by their peers, their competitors to be the best at that given time.

This is “The Artisan”

The United Taxidermist Association holds at its highest level of craftsmanship and competition this title.

The “Artisan Award”, a beautifully crafted sculpture by Mr. Ken Walker, is the UTA flagship award. It has rapidly become one of the top awards within any taxidermy competition. We consider it our top award at the UTA Expo competitions. This award is chosen by the competitors who have entries in the competition. The winner of this award is chosen by their peers…those they are competing against.

This year the “Artisan Award” for the 2014 Expo competition is a cast bronze. We look forward to handing this beautiful bronze sculpture to this years winner.

The Artisan.

[​IMG]

2. Sorry about the duplicate post...sometimes I forget to change users.

Good luck to the winner of this award and the cash prize that comes with it !!

3. Doug Motgomery

Doug Motgomery Active Member

I was stun when they call my name at the OTA show and they gave me this award. I was so honor and humble because I knew it was chosen by all of the other competitors. Thank you to the UTA and Ken Walker......

4. Jerry Huffaker

Jerry Huffaker Well-Known Member

The artisan is a very special award

5. How much more special can it be to be chosen by your peers to have the best piece in a show? It's becoming the most sought after award in the industry.

6. Will you be the one to win this prestigious award? Good luck in the competition!!