1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

BOTW # 12- April 14-20

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by Yogi, Apr 14, 2014.

1. Good morning,

Where to start? First I would like to say thanks to Matt Smith for asking me to host BOTW for the next 2 weeks.

Mame is Ryan Berra, I live in Southwest Wisconsin with my lovely wife of nearly 17 years, along with 3 very active kids. I operate a part time taxidermy business, named Coon Creek Taxidermy. My day job is keeping my helmet down welding aluminium ;).

I started doing taxidermy in 22 years ago, and have mainly focused on birds and fish. My passion lies with waterfowl. I joined the Wisconsin Taxidermy Assoc. in 1994, and I am currently the Competiton Chairman. Joining your state assoc, and tax.net are to great ways to improve your taxidermy work.

I Hope to see some new and older members post, also I encourage everybody to give a friend or to a call, and make this a great week.

Thanks again, Ryan BRING ON THE BIRDS.

Attached Files:

• 002.jpg
      002.jpg
      File size:
      54.8 KB
      Views:
  2. A few of my competition mounts to start, I'll be back after work ;D

Attached Files:

3. One more, sure does not look like spring outside, 2" of snow :mad: Have a great day

4. Forgot Picture ;)

Attached Files:

5. Nice Start Ryan

[​IMG]

6. one more,,

[​IMG]

7. Tom Mayer

Tom Mayer Member

Ryan, that Rooster is absolutely gorgeous!

8. alan webfoot

alan webfoot New Member

REALLY like that running rooster and black duck

9. ra8point

ra8point Member

I just want everyone out there to know that I had a large part also in that running pheasant and duck mounted by stuffit44! You see I've been taking some classes from Brian and he mounted these to birds by using my birds as reference. You see he created these mounts by doing exactly the complete opposite of how i would of mounted them! In all seriousmess, he's the real deal! not sure if hes taking in any wholesale work but even so, he's a stand up guy that I've learned a ton of inofmation form except where the perch are biting!

10. Thanks all, Rick always good to hear from you, as soon as the Perch start moving I will give you a call

11. luciengwin4

luciengwin4 Member

SE MS
    mine for this week

Attached Files:

12. BrookeSFD16

BrookeSFD16 Well-Known Member

Ryan, thanks for hosting! Nice start. I have yet to try a Pheasant. Here's the last of the deadmounts.

[​IMG]

13. Great start to the week guys and gals, keep them coming.

Stuffit44, glad to see you posting some nice birds

Luciengwin4, thanks for posting also

BrookeSFD16, love the dead mount, especially with wood ducks.

Remember spread the word to your friends, to post this week. Later Ryan

14. Shawn73

Shawn73 Active Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. wings II

wings II New Member

Ryan - thanks for hosting buddy! GREAT start folks, lovin' the work so far :) Just starting a new cycle of work so it'll be awhile before I have anything finished - in the meantime here's a Hooded Messenger from today. - Matt

[​IMG]

16. 689

689 Well-Known Member

Hey Matt.....whats a hooded messenger. ...teeheee....just messin with ya..luv the merg....;)....nice too see your work out here again....

17. dar.k

dar.k Member

nice start ryan , that cross duck is one of my all time favorites. kma love the hoodie . here are a couple of mine. dar

Attached Files:

• 148.jpg
      148.jpg
      File size:
      21.1 KB
      Views:
  18. 689

689 Well-Known Member

Very pretty dar....

19. dar.k

dar.k Member

one more