1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

First bobcat

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by rnviper3, Apr 16, 2014.

1. rnviper3

rnviper3 New Member

My first bobcat turned out well. I ordered a form but didn't like the way looked, plus I was planning on altering it larger to fit the body of this cat. So I carcase casted the body instead. Then I carved the head. The customer told me the DNR took the skull from the cat. After getting him mounted up I sent a picture to Codi to look at. She gave me some great pointers on what to fix, and how. Thank you Codi. The cat is not finished, but I couldn't wait to post it up.

PS. Anyone interested in a BC-33 bobcat form.

Attached Files:

2. Looks great bud

3. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

Congrats on the first Bob, now you have done more cats than I have. ;-)

4. Nice job!

5. rogerswildlife

rogerswildlife Rogers Wildlife Taxidermy Tommy Rogers

Great job on your first one looks great !

6. awesome mount!!

7. rnviper3

rnviper3 New Member

Thank you all for the nice comments.

8. John L

John L Active Member

First I think the face and head look great, super great even. Something about that back leg just doesn't seem right probably just me cause I have only mounted two. Congratulations.

9. Ric

Ric Member

That turned out great rnviper. In reference to John L's post, just make sure when you make your base that the leg is not suspended in mid air like it is in this picture. Make sure there is a rock, stick or moss to support it. Very well done especially for your first.

10. rnviper3

rnviper3 New Member

My wife thought something was not right with the back legs too. Thing is Im not sure because I didn't have any reference of a live bobcat laying on a log that way, so before I positioned the carcase, I sat my pet house cat on that same log in the same position and once I got him to stay, his legs were like that. Then when I positioned the carcase, the legs just went that way. So I did it that way.

11. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

you did a great job...I think what you are seeing with the back top leg is it looks like it isn't relaxed but stiff.....doesn't matter it still looks great