1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Mellers Chameleon

Discussion in 'Skulls and Skeletons' started by Bluewolfcheetah, Apr 18, 2014.

1. A male meller's chameleon I just finished up this morning. Been working quite hard at him for the last few weeks, tweaking ribs meticulously to make sure they were as aligned as I could possibly get them. Photos don't do it justice, it looks so much nicer in person. I'll try and get some photos on a black/grey backdrop later and see if that helps bring out the finer details of this specimen. Large stag beetle on the base unaware of what walks overhead. Found that huge thing dead in my backyard and couldn't resist making him part of the display. (I don't normally see things like that in my area)

[​IMG]

2. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

Nicely done.

3. Thank you!

4. Bones N Beasts

Bones N Beasts New Member

great

5. MuseumQuest

MuseumQuest Herpetology Collections Manager

It's outstanding.

6. Lizardfeathers

Lizardfeathers Thank you for teaching me through your works...

Very beautiful! I love the display incorporating an insect with the skeleton!

7. Thanks everyone! :D

8. Tyrion

Tyrion New Member

this is amazing! my veiled chameleon recently died and i want to make it into a skeleton specimen. would you mind sharing how you make your specimen? did you use beetles or macerate? i have also read that for small animals it is best to degrease with acetone in order to keep the whole skeleton intact, is that true? i also wonder once i have soaked it in h2o2, what do i do next to varnish it? thanks!