1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

My first bobcat finished

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by rnviper3, Apr 27, 2014.

1. rnviper3

rnviper3 New Member

This was a learning experience. This is a large cat. I ordered the form for the pose the customer wanted. Of course I knew I would have to alter it up to fit the cat. But I didn't like the way the leg looked unnaturally coming out of the belly. So I did a carcase cast of the body. Our Dnr took the head so I didn't have that, but carved one. When I finished mounting it up, I sent a few pictures to Codi for her opinions and she told me a few things to change. THANK YOU CODI. I have already posted the unfinished pictures, but wanted to post the final pictures now. Comments welcome to make the next one better.

Attached Files:

2. rnviper3

rnviper3 New Member

next

Attached Files:

3. rnviper3

rnviper3 New Member

next

Attached Files:

4. rnviper3

rnviper3 New Member

next

Attached Files:

5. rnviper3

rnviper3 New Member

And last

Attached Files:

6. CodyTheCorgi

CodyTheCorgi Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

The biggest thing I notice is that there isn't any separation between the 'jowls'. You can see here there is a Y-Shape from the nose to the mouth opening, yours barely has it, if at all. You might be able to get away painting it on there though.

http://www.nisdtx.org/cms/lib/TX21000351/Centricity/Domain/2564/bobcat-face.jpg

7. rnviper3

rnviper3 New Member

Cody, You are absolutely right. Actually It was there, but too deep and wide. I filled it in too much and textured too much and foolishly painted it to match the hair.