1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

unhappy customer???

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by michiganmom, Apr 29, 2014.

1. michiganmom

michiganmom Realistic Antler Repair, Re-stain, Restore

Unhappy customer...did not like the repair. He sent me the found antler and wanted to match the other one. (Color does match, but the finished pic is misleading...I did not change the finished one.) Due to the shape, they are not mirror images. He wanted to send them back to redo. I told him I feel like I could not make him happy and declined. Got a nasty email and he said he'll spread the word not to send anything to me. What do you do if you have customers like this?

Attached Files:

2. They look great. What exactly did he not like and want you to re-do?

3. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

Like he was going to send you 100 customers, yea right. You are not going to lose anything. If he blabs hot air over an antler repair, then he has a small world, and a small mind.

4. michiganmom

He said they did not match...and the tines/main beam were too long. Wanted me to cut them off and taper down. I know you can't please everyone, but I do take pride in my work and want to keep improving.

5. Brian Reinertson

Brian Reinertson Well-Known Member

Iowa
    I would tell them to go eat a bag of poop. Nothing is going to perfectly match. I've had similar issues with time repair. Everyone has an idea of what it should look like and you will rarely meet expectations. Some people will never be happy.

6. michiganmom

Thanks

7. JPT

JPT Member

Debbie you cant please everyone!

I don't know if you remember but I am in Louisiana and sent you 2 sets of antlers to repair a couple years ago. One you actually had to rebuild off of a trail camera picture of the deer before it was taken. Anyway, my client (and I) were blown away with your work!

Keep it up!

Jeff Trahan

8. michiganmom

Thanks Jeff, of course I remember you. That was quite the challenge.

9. From that pic, I'd tell him to pound sand, albeit it nicely and professionally. :)

10. double barrel

double barrel New Member

I would tell them to go eat a bag of poop. Me too! A big bag. ....Of that ole smelly kind. Looks good to me.

11. John L

John L Active Member

Ok call me crazy but.... I would tell him he got what he paid for but I would gladly try to make them to his specs providing he pay for the additional repairs and labor.