1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

One of my favorite animals to work with

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Matt, Apr 30, 2014.

1. Matt

Matt Active Member

Someday, I would like to head to the island with my bow and let the air out of one like this!

Attached Files:

2. Matt

Matt Active Member

One more

Attached Files:

3. nickq83

nickq83 Member

Beautiful stag Matt

4. Very nice Matt! Do you know what kind of money it is to hunt one? I too see myself hunting one someday.

5. That sure is nice Matt.

6. Kyle Lakey

Kyle Lakey Active Member

Lets just say you are gonna have to tan a heck of alot of capes Jim if you wanna kill one of that class ;) I don't remember figures but they are a chunk of change.

7. I'll just get another job for vicki.

8. country

country Member

Beautiful animal, beautiful mount!

9. looks wonderful, absolutely wonderful

10. Matt

Matt Active Member

Thanks guys! Jim from what I am learning they don't even grow this big in New Zealand anymore. They are bred on farms over there and released. They have a lot of nice wild stag, but nothing this size. You better have deep pockets to shoot one like this, I wanted to ask my client the cost on this one, but didn't.

11. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    Very attractive Matt. You all know the saying "If you have to ask, you surely can't afford it", I would have asked because I damn sure couldn't afford it. Jim, I like your way of thinking here. I'll try that to, I bet she doesn't go for it any better than your wife.

12. Brian Reinertson

Brian Reinertson Well-Known Member

Iowa
    Great work Matt! I had a friend go and do a similar hunt. The whole trip with hunt, travel, food, and lodging was around 15k :eek:

13. HAPP

HAPP Active Member

P U R D Y !
    Very nice.

14. Great looking Stag !!

15. AJH

AJH Member

" Stag-Master-Matt"

16. balsamln

balsamln New Member

WI
    Argentina has huge red stag with no trophy fees. A buddy of mine got charged an extra $2000 in New Zeland because the guide underestimated the rack by 20 inches. The extra fee was 100 an inch once it surpassed a certain score. I would guess Argentina is a high fence type hunt?

17. zubba

zubba Active Member

Very nice Matt.

I've been to New Zealand...

...for work, dang. Pretty country

Sent from my Galaxy S3 via TapaTalk 4

18. Daniel M.

Daniel M. Tongo, the best dog in the world. (Saarloos)

Ohio
    I understand why you like them so much! Shows in the quality of your work. They are my favorite gamehead to do by far

19. Nyati

Nyati I love tahr huntin

Very very nice matt

20. smittys llc

smittys llc New Member

You do not need a guide to hunt most of the islands. The trout fishing is also incredible! There are numerous helicopter charters for a small fee will take you out to where you want to be.Stag are very abundant.I have had a couple of clients that went over there and killed 380 class bulls and tahrs and caught 100 Brown trout over 5lbs.They did the whole trip for under $5000.00 Total.