1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Looking for weekend training classes near Southern Illinois. Sat, Sun, Mon.

Discussion in 'Training' started by mikehurt88, May 2, 2014.

1. mikehurt88

mikehurt88 Member

I've talked to a few different people on here but just wanted to see who all around the Southern Illinois area offers classes for Taxidermy. I've finished 7 deer myself but I want to get some one on one experience with someone who knows exactly what they are doing. I'm mainly wanting to focus on deer right now as I plan on taking in a few this year during season once I purchase my license.

Anyways let me know if you are within 2-4 hours of Carbondale, IL as I'm willing to travel. I plan on taking classes within the next month to 2 months so I would like to start talking to some people around the area. My days off work every week are Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. I could probably swing some Fridays in there also. Thanks alot

2. Rick Carter

Rick Carter Administrator

Re: Looking for Training classes near Southern Illinois

Attend the next Yoxathon in Pocahontas, Il

3. sarahdj

sarahdj Active Member

Well worth it! And within your drive time parameters. I've been to one and it helped me immensely.

4. Re: Looking for Training classes near Southern Illinois

When is the next one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

I've got to get with Bill, but I would think it's time to do another one sometime very soon. If 5 people sign on, we're a go. Stay in touch with me if you are serious about wanting one and we will get a date set.

6. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

Talked with Bill....how does sometime in late June sound?

7. Non-Typical_IL

Non-Typical_IL Member

Kindred Spirits Taxidermy, Burlington, IA. (southeast IA)
    Housing on site.
    I did my gamehead training with JoAnn.

8. mikehurt88

mikehurt88 Member

Anyone have any other suggestions for training?

9. Mike we would be more than happy to work with you. We work with peoples schedules and have hundreds of students. We are located in southern Ky not to far from you so if you are interested take a good look at us. Attached is the latest mount we done yesterday. Thanks.

John Griffith
    www.griffithtaxidermy.com[​IMG][/URL]mg][​IMG]

10. jptaxi

jptaxi New Member

IL
    Southern, IL and IL in general are homes to many fine taxidermist several come to mind in the southern part that offer training. Jack Emery, Jody Green, Pete Switzer for instance. I would like to invite you to attend the Illinois Taxidermist Associations annual convention March 10-13 in Bloomington, IL. There you can meet several taxidermist who can help you along your way and you can also attend the seminars and pick up some tips. I know personally the association and its members have helped me improve my work.