1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Free Cleaned Kangaroo Skeleton?

Discussion in 'Skulls and Skeletons' started by bone-o, May 4, 2014.

1. bone-o

bone-o New Member

I don't want to get in trouble for posting this here but I'm also not sure that it's appropriate for either "sale" or "wanted" so I'm going to put it here for now and if that's wrong I apologize.

I'm working my way out of the hobby and I have a specimen that I'd like to see go to a good home. It's a grey kangaroo that I got from a taxidermist here. It's cleaned and bleached, but I left one arm and one leg fresh and in the freezer so articulation would be easier.

The claws are gone and it was a little young so some of the bones are unfused. Some especially tiny pieces might even be missing, I can't be absolutely certain (I did my best to keep it all in one place).

The main catch is that I really don't want to mail it, so I'd like to find someone willing to take a road trip over here to southwestern Utah to get it. If there's no one close enough to make the trip, I can mail it, but I'd like to save myself the trouble if I possibly can.

Also, it seemed important to the former owner (I forgot who it was) that the entire skeleton go as a unit, so out of respect to him I want it to go to someone interested in articulation and not just a skull collector. Otherwise, I'd just keep the skull myself and throw the rest away.

I don't necessarily need anything in return, but I have a mostly-cleaned iguana specimen that I want to display and I don't have the skillset or supplies to make it happen, so I would really really love if anyone would be interested in taking the kangaroo in exchange for finishing my lizard for me. If the 'roo isn't enough, I have some other specimens I can give you (there was a fresh duck in there, I don't remember what else but I'll look) and I have a small collection of Bone Man books I don't think I'll end up needing anymore.

Or if you guys have any other ideas about what to do with it, let me know. I'm just getting bummed out every time I see it sitting here, getting dusty and forgotten.

2. Voltrax

Voltrax New Member

Too bad you don't want to ship it. Would love to display it in my new apartment.

3. UndevelopedAreaFarms

UndevelopedAreaFarms New Member

Pm sent

4. Baccus

Baccus Member

PM also sent.

I would be happy to mount your iguana for the kangaroo.