1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Bob's legacy to Sivko Fur

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by SivkoFur, May 6, 2014.

1. As you have already heard, Bob lost his battle with leukemia on Sunday May 4th, 2014.
    I lost a lot of things that day: my business partner, my life partner, the father to my child and my best friend.
    And yet when I return to work at the tannery I know that I will feel his presence in the legacy of policies and projects that Bob implemented at Sivko. When he came on board with the business, it was quite frankly hemorrhaging money. I was close to throwing in the towel and calling it quits but Bob saw potential to turn it all around.
    He streamlined productivity on the floor.
    Eliminated any and all wasteful or unnecessary expenses. Went price shopping for every supply we use.
    Implemented policies to improve cash flow.
    Created flow charts to improve quality control of our product.
    Stressed the importance of excellent customer service.
    Expanded our services to include fleshing of green frozen, USDA services, and wholesale rugging.
    And then he started marketing. He always said that as long as he believed in the product he was marketing, he could sell it. He was so gifted at it. As Chris Barnhart said to me once, " that Bob, man, he could sell sand to a Saudi Arabian"!
    The ideas and policies that Bob implemented were not always welcome and I know that he often felt like he was fighting an uphill battle against my opinion, those of our employees and even our customers but in the end he was right. And before he died he had the pleasure of me saying that to him. Sivko Fur has grown in the years Bob was with us and we enjoy an excellent reputation that I fully attribute to the policies both internal and external that Bob implemented. He had a vision of what Sivko Fur could be and his ideas worked. He had a talent for long term planning, keeping his eye on the ultimate goal, and thinking outside of the box.
    I will miss him in so many ways but I am also thankful.
    I am blessed with the most wonderful group of employees. Thank you for keeping everything running so smoothly while I have been caring for Bob. I am truly grateful for you all.
    Thank you to all our faithful customers, many of whom are also friends. Your continued concern and prayers for Bob touched us both.
    I will be returning to Canisteo and the tannery soon because even though I am sad; life goes on and Bob would have wanted me to carry on. I am grateful that he helped me during the time we had together. His efforts over the years have left me with a successful, thriving business. More importantly he gave me faith in myself to carry on without him.
    If any of you want to do something in his memory, donate blood. For someone, somewhere like Bob it is a lifeline to keep fighting just one more day. It is truly a life giving fluid.
    Sincerely, Ann Farkas
    President, Sivko Fur Inc

2. Randy Miller

Randy Miller Active Member

I am so sorry for your loos. I can't begin to imagine it.

3. A fitting and heartfelt testimonial to a great guy and his achievements within the Sivko Fur family and business. Thank you Ann for the insight into all Bob meant to you and the company. He was certainly appreciated throughout the trade and well liked by those that had the pleasure of meeting him.

4. northernmontana

northernmontana Active Member

We are thinking of you guys. If there is anything we can do to help please don't hesitate to ask.

5. tomdes

tomdes Me my dear and Fall BAZZ!!!

Ann, what a great memorial to Bob, you can just feel the love you 2 had. Again, my condolences for your loss. I'm glad you're keeping on with the business, it will hopefully lessson the pain.

Tom

6. Ann, I'm so sorry for your loss. Bob was a great guy and he will be remembered always. You, and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

7. Jillian@AnglersArtistry

Jillian@AnglersArtistry Working hard to make the world a fishy Place!

We all here are saddened by your loss and by such a heartfelt message. God Speed and prayer s go out to you.

All of here at Anglers Artistry

8. Clew

Clew Help a child, Build our future

York, SC
    Ann
    I'm so sorry for your loss, you and Bob has always been a good freind to me,
    If thier is anything I can do, please call.
    I've always had the highest respect for you guys

With deepest sincere condolences

Carl Lewis

9. Bruce_Rittel

Bruce_Rittel Consultant Services

You and Bob will always be a good memory for me. I'm so sorry to hear about your loss! My sincerest condolances on his passing - I'll miss him!

10. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Beautiful Ann

11. mdupertuis

mdupertuis Active Member

As a husband and father, I don't think I could ever ask for more than to be remembered and honored as you just did for him. Very touching words.

12. ryan rhodes

ryan rhodes Well-Known Member

What more could a man ask for, people to love and remember him for all his contributions, love, mistakes, successes, whatever it may be. He's surely smiling down on you and your family and friends!

13. duxdown

duxdown New Member

I did not know the man but I do now through your beautiful words Miss Ann. Thank you for that. Our time is fleeting here at best and those we touch or those that touch us live on. My most sincere condolences.

14. B Jones

B Jones Memeber of - NTA,UTA,AIT.Proud Member of NZTA.

I did not know Bob and do not know you either Ann but our hearts here in Indiana are with you, your family and your future in business will continue to thrive. Those words are the reason.

15. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

Ann, I may well be one of the few in taxinet that remembers your father, Leslie Farkas, and I certainly remember "that little tannery by the river" way back when. I think it was so beautiful how youll remember Bob as we saw him. I also know that the same could be said about you and your hard work, which Im sure was something Bob saw daily. I wish you all the best.

16. coonhollow

coonhollow Active Member

Anne I also remember your tannery back to the mid 80's I spent lots of time there way back when it was full of garment pelts, your dad was a genius and your mom always so sweet! Bob and yourself have exceeded your dads final goal for the tannery I watched it evolve into a great tannery for the taxidermy industry and am glad I got to know Bob some along the way. I'm sorry for the late post it's been a long time since I have been on here.