1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Nz red stag

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by stuffer2000, May 10, 2014.

1. stuffer2000

stuffer2000 New Member

I have a client who is in NZ and shot a stag. He is taking it to a taxi down there to split and salt and to help him with the export permit. What do I have to do on this end to get the cape and horns into this country. Thanks for any help.

2. jk

jk Member

I have never done this, the red stags that I have done have come back to the customer and they have brought them to me. However, I would start by contacting the taxidermist in NZ and see what they say needs to be done, I am sure they have shipped these before.
    J

3. Handled this many times.............Have your customer request that the trophy parts be sent to himself in care of you.......and that is all that has to be done until it reaches this country where it will have to be inspected by the USDA, US Customs and USFWS........here is an example of how the addressing should be handled. If you want to handle the clearance yourself and save the client a few bucks then after the shipment arrives make the appointments with the above groups for the inspection process............OR.....have your local broker handle the whole process and deliver to you when all paperwork and inspections have been completed.

JOE HUNTER
    c/o stuffer taxidermy
    no name street
    Wherever, state
    [email protected]