1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

A little bowfishing fun!!

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by DogSoldierChick, May 11, 2014.

1. Anyone can hit those big fish with a compound. Try suckers with a recurve.... Lol

They are pretty fish! Anyone ever mounted suckers? I kept the bigger one... Advice?

[​IMG]

2. Jon S

Jon S Well-Known Member

You hit those things with an arrow? Good shooting.

3. rnviper3

rnviper3 New Member

Good job. Bowfishing is so much fun.

4. Thanks I'm going to try and go back today. Yeah I did. One in the heart and one in the head.

5. nice fish. id love to try that sometime!!

6. I'm curious on what kind of suckers we have here? It's the same as I killed yesterday. I thought Redhorse? I'd like to mount a couple that my husband and I shot. I'm sure the others pictured are basic carp but on the suckers I'm not sure. I plan on skin mounting... Any advice. I've never casted a head or body.... But I've not done many fish either. I prefer (personal opinion) skin mounts on my fish. But I'm curious about if I could skin mount the head and it look good or should I try to cast it? If so how's best to go about it?

Thanks guys and after this weekend I'm in love with bowfishing!!!

Here's some pics for ID on the suckers.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. rnviper3

rnviper3 New Member

I have done skin mounts on them, but I do recommend casting the head. It can be done if you get them clean enough, but there is a lot of rebuilding work.

8. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    I believe those are white suckers, and I would cast the head.