1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

NTA censorship??? REALLY???

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by antlerman, May 12, 2014.

1. Harry Whitehead

Harry Whitehead I love to hunt Buffalos!!!!!

Beavers, I'm not going to mention any names in an effort not to accuse anyone of anything so some of the readers can't misconstrue my meaning here BUT, there were certain individuals that had an attitude change toward Fred and I at the convention once they realized how the program worked and what it was capable of.......Just sayin'.....! In addition, in an effort again not to give out false information the exact amount that is missing in "undeposited funds" is $9,575.00. Just so you ALL know.....

2. margip

margip Member

Sooooooo, now it's not $10,000.00 but $9,575.00. Does that mean we have to rehash all these """"FACTS"""" all over again? ???

3. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

No. but you can go put your head in the sand like the current board if ya want to. Personally, I'm not going to. In fact, if by noon tomorrow this is not addressed properly.....all HELL is gonna break loose.

4. dplais7124

dplais7124 Active Member

Whose "facts" are we supposed to believe?

5. antlerman

Just remember this, people lie......numbers don't.

6. James Parrish

James Parrish Tundra Swan...Its What's For Dinner!

John,

Still waiting on an answer to that question. If a vote was not taken, that's OK too. If that is the case, I would like for you to cite where the bylaws allow the President or his designee the ability to enter into binding legal agreements without board consent and the amount of money the President or his designee is allowed to spend without board approval.

7. There was a vote taken by email.

8. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Did your immediate past president have a vote, or was he offered a vote..... as per by-laws.... remember, we can't make this $hit up as we go along.... It's still a non- profit organization Governed by Roberts Rules of Order.

Please supply the vote count & let us know if anybody was intentionally left out because 'the board didn't want/like their opinions'

Rules, not emotions.....

PS- I am a member....

9. Nancy C

Nancy C Well-Known Member

I have read through this thread and the whole mess just makes me sorry that I even bothered.

This is where I stand, and I don't care if I'm all alone in my position: I want NO PART of any organization where there is this much vitriol being spewed all of the damned time. I'm sick of it. If I had the power to do so I would knock some heads together and there would be some TIME OUT for the worst offenders.
    If you act like a rude little brat, you should be treated like one. Age doesn't matter as much as maturity, and I'm not seeing very much of the latter.

RIGHT OR WRONG, when basic manners and common courtesy go out the window so does any semblance of respectability, and THIS is the face that too many so-called supporters of the NTA are displaying right here, in a PUBLIC forum. Rude, ill-mannered, back-stabbing ... it's a disgrace, and ALL of you should be ashamed of yourselves.

The UTA is like a breath of fresh air, while the NTA is starting to smell more and more like a very ripe corpse.

I WISH I could say that I used to be a member of the NTA, but unfortunately I can't.

Lifetime membership #352

10. antlerman

John, please. If I'm not mistaken, there was a vote for Jim Ellis to represent the NTA, there was a vote to not pay for Janelli's trip. I think James is referring to a vote from the board to except or reject the settlement agreement. So are you telling us that a vote on the settlement amount, confidentiality, and immunity for the Crains was taken? That you guys received copies of the agreement via e-mail and voted via e-mail? Is that correct?

11. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Well, one simple solution, I am a member, as are many others, i'm just simply gonna call the Baton Rouge police department in the morning. & report a theft since the president of the NTA wants to not even look into it..... thinking about it through day, and after some knowledge, I believe Harry.....others do not want to pursue it.... hell, I will.

I will call in the morning & report the theft of $9,575.00 and them they can talk to the parties involved. I got put through the wringer, raised too much money & then watched the membership get treated like a mushroom growing out of cow $hit. Since the top refuses to even investigate these missing funds, we'll let somebody else.

Transparency WILL dictate this organization.

12. wctaxidermy1

wctaxidermy1 Member

$9,575 just plain gone!! :eek: :eek: How the hell does that happen? It is not like a box of ribbons that got misplaced it's just shy of $10,000!!?? Just another skidmark in the board and NTA's dirty britches. Michael I hope you do call that in this morning it needs to be done!!

13. dplais7124

dplais7124 Active Member

So the settlement amount is confidential, but the boards votes are supposed to be made available to the members.....Are we not allowed to know how the board voted regarding a strictly confidential settlement? Kinda like you have a right to know, but we can't tell you.

14. James Parrish

James Parrish Tundra Swan...Its What's For Dinner!

It is my understanding that no vote was taken on the actual settlement and that most of the board doesn't even know the terms of the settlement. Further it is my understanding that none of the board members really even cared what the settlement said. They only cared that it was getting the NTA off the hook so to speak. That's about as incompetent as it gets folks. These board members should run for congress.....they'll fit right in.

Here's how it should have played out. Mitch Webb and the Janellis were representing themselves at the mediation as they were named defendants in the suit...so they could not act in any kind of capacity for the NTA. Jim Ellis was there representing the NTA. After the mediation was over,Mitch should have called a meeting to allow Jim Ellis to present the "deal" to the entire board. Due to the confidentiality agreement, this would have had to have been discussed in Executive Session. After Executive Session discussions were over, a vote should have been called on whether to accept or reject the settlement as written....a straight up or down if you will. That would have been the most transparent way that it could have been handled.

15. EA

EA Well-Known Member

Can't be blamed for breaking confidentiality about something if you have no idea what you are not to talk about. The old "ignorance is bliss" defense. Ingenious, I tell you. ;)

16. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

17. The NTA would like to address the recent statements concerning funds that were undeposited from the last convention July 2013.
    There is in fact a discrepancy of $9,575.00 in the money that was taken in as revenue, that is unaccounted for in our bank statements .
    The board recognizes this discrepancy and intends to address this at the summer board meeting .

The NTA accountant along with Harry whitehead and Fred Vandenberg will be ask to attend this meeting .

Rest assured that this will not be overlooked and an answer will be found in regard to these funds .
    The board will inform the membership the direction the NTA will take to rectify this situation, information gathered will be forwarded to the proper authorities.

18. dplais7124

dplais7124 Active Member

I think I speak for everyone when I ask, why wasn't it addressed a year ago when it was discovered?

19. antlerman

Thank You John. That is good that the NTA acknowledges and is going to see this thru. I support this, and so does many others. We want the truth. Understandably, this has to be a face to face type of meeting where all concerned are gathered in one room. I trust you will get to the bottom of this and report your findings to ALL. If wrong doing has occurred I trust you will deal with this accordingly.

Again, Thank You for addressing this very very important matter, and for posting your intentions here for us taxinetters, members and nonmembers alike.

Very Much Appreciated.

20. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

See John ........

See John ... how easy it is to make a post representing the NTA in an adult manner.

:)

Kerby...