1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

NTA censorship??? REALLY???

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by antlerman, May 12, 2014.

1. I will address this Roof. Its really simple
    PTA did not ask in writing for Mr Phillips removal.
    The victim also did not file a complaint with the NTA.
    The was a TYPED statement with out a signature. Of which I will gladly send you a copy off in a couple weeks. (remind me to)
    By the Way two people from the NTA talked at length with the PTA people and ones person is mad and called me spinless over this deal, you know better than that. IfI was spinelss I would nopt have stepped between that person and Tinker Johnson to stop a fight.
    The other says I did exactly what PTA ask.
    There in fact was a vote on what to do and that was carried out of course in Executive session just as the PP ask it to be.

Now you can listen to the fabrications or read the truth, I just typed the truth.

Mouth piece huh, look at you all high a mighty, gads only thing larger than your ego would be your waist size.

2. Where is the bylaws do they say the NTA even has to come on here to talk to anyone?

It does not.

3. pir^2h

pir^2h Retrievers give you the bird

Maybe not in writing but as the president of the organization don't you think he should?

4. duxrus

duxrus Active Member

Taxidermy.net is about the only way members are finding anything out but apparently the NTA would rather leave everyone in the dark. Why not since with all the truth finding its way to this site( from sources other than the NTA ) I seriously doubt there is a mad dash for renewals or membership checks coming in. Just think if all the members that don't come on here knew what a cluster they were supporting. Seems nothing is ever done by the board until they are basically forced to when enough outside sources leave them no choice. Does anyone really think this latest missing money would have made news if Harry and others hadn't pressed the issue ?

Come July someone will come on here to say that the money has magically reappeared or been found with no evidence to hold anyone accountable. Anyone notice a pattern...

5. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

John, you may be listening but you damned sure aren't hearing. There's nothing in the Bylaws about the Taxidermy Net, but I'm sort of a stickler for the truth. When a man tells me he's going to do something, I expect him to do it. When he doesn't, he shows me he has no integrity. Simple as that. Mitch Webb left a message on my phone promising to come on here with a public statement. Tim Thacker called me and said he'd talked to Mitch and been promised the same thing. The statement I made about the bylaws was where does it say ANY BOARD MEMBER (not just you in particular) can come on and speak for the president? Ain't there.

And you seem to think I'm getting information from other sources. That's ain't happening and hasn't for a long time now. Unless you told me (which you didn't), my comments were conjecture of what I know that DID happen and what I was told WOULD happen. There are a few guys in Pennsylvania I trust implicitly and I know what THEY told me and I know what THEY expected. I don't guess they understood that it had to be "in writing" after being given a verbal promise.

6. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

John, you sound like Bill Clinton :)

7. Well then old Roof. I was charged with a effort that did not have anything other than two sheets of paper and no signature. These were sent to me by your buddy. I did forward the charges to the offender. He appeared.

You know if you have a so called legal paper, it must be signed and it also must be notarized, proving the signer was who they claim.

Hey man that never happened. Paper is not signed by anyone. So who is to say the person is even real. I was given the alleged document the week of July 13, 2013. Not even enough time to check things out.

Then you have to ask how many years it took for this to be brought forward.

Victim did not file the paper an alleged witness.

I will send you photos of that paper, pm me a cell phone number so I can.

8. Michael, come on now Clinton. I dont see it. I tell you guys facts that are provable and you say they are not.

Yes the board meeting will have the CPA there, and yes she works from the online bank statements. So if she and Harry and Fred present the problem, it will be acted on.

Only five people handled the money, thats a narrow gap, right??? So yes there will be action.

Did I mention that the money handlers should be bonded? I dont know how many of you have ever handled large amounts of money, generally you must be insured by a surety bond, I believe the bylaws even call for it. But it does not say who is to pay for that bond.

There again had the proper surety bond been in place, the past would have been super easy to clear up. Like each and everyone of you, its easy to armchair quarterback, but step onto the field!!

9. George

John, what is "bonding" going to do? You were talking "legal", I'm amazed as damned few other things have bothered to follow the law or even the bylaws. Bonding your money handlers is about the dumbest thing I've ever heard of. In essence, the NTA is going to have to buy insurance for their board of directors in case they steal money? Get real. Bonding won't prevent theft and if it is stolen, the NTA is going to have to pay for that as well. That's like having a horse in the race and betting against him. Just like the ballots needing a CPA. FOR WHAT? So they can count and record votes. And a lot of good that's going to do. I have a credit card receipt where Greg Crain bought 55 personal memberships before an election that I was beaten in by 33 votes. I don't know of anything illegal about him doing that, but it damned sure ain't what I'd consider ethical. What is having the CPA at the board meeting going to do. A CPA is "certified" and damned sure not going to miscalculate any figures at the risk of losing their certification. So you can rest assured that THEIR figures are without question. What will happen, however, is that the NTA is going to be charged for the time it takes to make that statement and then the CPA leaves. You could get the same results simply by reading the figures already supplied and certified and not cost the NTA a dime.

10. James Parrish

James Parrish Tundra Swan...Its What's For Dinner!

That bond crap is just a waste of good association money. Like I told you earlier, a group of 6 or 7 of us handled several million dollars a year (way more than the NTA handles).....and not a single one of us was bonded and the auditors never recommended we be bonded. We all underwent criminal background checks and credit checks (if you work for a bank etc they check your credit also). If you'll put the system I described into place and fill the money handling positions with individuals of impeccable integrity, you won't have a problem. Even if one of the handlers was crooked, he would have to convince at least 2 others to go in with him on the heist. It ain't that hard.

11. bmdakk

bmdakk Report to moderator

ITYS!!!!!!!! LOL

12. michael p.

John, I witnessed the Archie debacle in Pennsylvania and was so disgusted that I called Greg Crain the Monday I got back & he basically told me to '**** myself'..... my reporting of the Archie situation in this site is the true reason I was kicked out of the NTA.

I would have given sworn testimony & put my signature on ten documents..... but nobody contacted me & I had no idea you all were bringing this to his attention. The punishment I recieved because of me blowing the whistle on Mr. Phillips should have made me a key first hand witness who suffered an attack against my character in an effort to save an NTA board members ass.

(PS-I knew the Clinton reference would get you! LOL We'll just call you Jay Carney ;) )

13. Michael, I was given the task after July 13, 2013. and you know who gave it to me. Now I did the best I could with nothing for proof. Nope Bud not Jay Carney either.

It is called lack of evidence.

Again the victim did not file anything.

James, I understand what you are saying, but where are you going to find enough people to do that. Heck man it has not worked the last 42 years.

Roofster, guess you dont know how the surety bond works. Several types one type I would suggest is when there is money missing the the police report filed the company repays the money and files charges.

14. Paul I

Paul I New Member

John as a taxidermy icon that I respect and have looked at your posts for years you are heading in the wrong direction.Your one of the good guys and you need to stop and reflect what your doing now.Stop and go back to your love of the art. Paul I

15. James Parrish

James Parrish Tundra Swan...Its What's For Dinner!

Real simple. At the church, one of the elders approached me after service one day and asked if I would help. Putting out blanket calls for help is not going to get much response for anything. You are way more likely to get a yes when you ask someone directly. I would ask individuals that you feel are well-qualified to do the job. Call them up. Tell them what you are looking for. And ask if they would consider helping.

16. George

John, "the company" won't pay squat. They'll increase your rate and do what you should do yourself: file charges and sue for repayment/reimbursement. That comment sound like the welfare mommas. There ain't no free rides in the real world. I agree with James.

PS why don't you stop the "Roof", "Roofy", and "Roofster" baby talk. I don't call you "Creager" ,"JC" or other cutesy nicknames. It only makes you look silly.

17. ANDY

ANDY Well-Known Member

Ohio
    Ive been following this mess for the last couple of years and i know im just a backwoods guy but why didnt anybody just call the police and let
    the real police take care of this last July. Sounds to me like you have the wrong people asking the questions, like asking your kids who broke
    the window.

18. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

X2

19. EA

EA Well-Known Member

IMO you should ALL be bonded. We covered 12 people and It's not all that expensive from what I recall. What happens if someone does get greedy? You spend more members money trying to chase it down. It's just another cost of doing business. With officers spread out across the country and few yearly meetings, I don't know how you can watch each other. From the track record, I'd spend the money and cover your org.

As far as elections, you vote in person at your meetings. No mail in's, No 55 memberships, No CPA. 1 member, 1 vote. If you don't show up at the meeting, then you accept the choices of those who did care enough to show up.

The President appoints an election committee that day from the members present. They watch the boxes and count the votes. No officers or nominee's. If a nominee wants to observe the count he is welcome to do so. If he wants to appoint his own representative ( A member in good standing) to observe for him, thats fine too.

No cost for CPA's, No cost for mailing ballots and No ballot box stuffing. Win Win Win.

20. michael p.

You're making too much sense..... stop that!