1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

NTA censorship??? REALLY???

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by antlerman, May 12, 2014.

1. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

Tim, one question...knowing what all you do know...why are you calling out the taxinet and Ken for censoring???

2. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

Because I didn't see anything wrong with JJ's post and felt that censoring was the only thing that could be going on at the time. I found out why it was deleted although I still don't agree. I know Ken has always allowed the issues associated with the NTA to be discussed no matter how ugly it got, but I didn't see anything ugly about it. It was a great post. Why on earth delete it? I still don't understand why it was deleted when someone from the NTA could have simply responded to it. When it was deleted, the only thing I could come up with was censorship, and in a way that is still what it is. Perhaps I'm wrong for thinking this, but I'm growing real tired of the NTA silence, and when someone does say something it gets deleted. Kind of frustrating. I thought that perhaps Ken would come on and explain why it was deleted. I was looking for answers. That's all. JJ's post has been the only thing we've heard from that bunch in a very very long time. I know Mitch refuses to come on here and doesn't want anything NTA related on here which I think is BS. JJ has been the only link any of us has had to the tongueless NTA. Maybe if Mitch Webb would come on here instead of requesting everything be deleted, tempers wouldn't be so quick on the trigger. IMO, his silence is doing more harm than the Crains could have ever done. I'm sick of the silence. I had to get ugly in order to get a response. It worked. Now the part that really pisses me off is the part where I triggered a phone call where I got some answers, but those answers should have been made public without all the BS it took to get them. Remember......the NEW NTA will be totally transparent. Bullchit.

A representative from the NTA COULD have posted something like this and we would have understood.
    NTA UPDATE for all you starving members and readers. We had our mediation meeting in Louisiana with the Crains and a tentative settlement agreement has been struck. It is only a verbal agreement at this time so nothing is official yet, but I am pleased that an attentive agreement has been made. Understand that the agreement still has to be signed and ordered by the courts which we expect to happen sometime in the near future. As soon as it is official I will be back here to give you all the full details of the agreement. At this time our attorneys have asked us to not discuss the particulars of the agreement until finalized. We expect that finalization to happen sometime very soon.

Sincerely; Elmer Fudpucker NTA spokesperson

But NO. That would be too much like the right thing to do. When the post was deleted without any explanation, I wanted to know WHY. If you go back and look, the post had been up for awhile and was fine until JJ said he had been admonished by a board member, which turned out to be John C. John C posted on that same thread but admonished JJ for doing same. That's when chit hit the fan. I'm sick of the infighting that has destroyed all of everyones hard work, and a leader who hasn't the qualities to keep his members working together for the common good. Before JJ left office his whole board turned on him. Was that by design??? Can't help but think it was when everything since has been so hush hush. I say if you've got nothing to hide then why hide. This hiding game Mitch is playing is gonna kill it dead. When people can't get fed, they starve and die. If you can't feed the masses, then step aside so someone else can. It's the members association. REMEMBER?? Stop acting like it's none of our business and doing things without membership involvement. We DIDN"T elect most of that board. Most were appointed and volunteers. But they act like there the leaders of the KKK. White sheets over their heads so as to not have their identity and actions known. I'm sick of it. :mad: Since Mitch came on board it's all been one big secret, and when the PAST PRESIDENT does make an effort to share some good news with the masses it gets ripped from existence? What would YOU call it Bill? It's obvious Mitch isn't gonna tell us anything, so who would you question or ask if not Ken? There's probably only two people who were involved in the deletion of that thread. Ken and Mitch. Unless it was John C who is calling the shots now. No-one else on that board would come within 10 feet of taxinet. Someone...whomever it was.....had to say....Hey Ken ...remove John Janelli's post. We don't want the stupid members to know what we're doing and using the excuse of nondisclosure and confidentiality. Somebody must think they are really really smart and the rest of us are too stupid to come in out of the rain.

3. After all the effort that we ( to many names to post ) put in to help save the NTA,,,, It is sad to see NO NEWS!!!!!!!!! same old chit,,,,,,,, I have been getting a lot of e mails asking me if I know anything. LOL Heck NO, no one is talking to the keyboards............ I fought hard to join & make my family members only to NOT REJOIN this year, Yes sir I WIL NOT SEND IN DUES until I know what the heck is going on. period.

Gregg Ielfield

4. John Janelli

John Janelli New Member

N.J.
    Censorship - it's like people with guns telling us we can't have any.

To our many dear friends and all those of the Taxi.Net confraternity:

In front of us now is the dawning of a brand new volume that can only be defined as "NTA - The Future", which will only be as promising as you the taxidermists will allow it to be. Trust me, there is nothing more refreshing than the bright new pages of a blank journal just aching to be written upon with invigorating anticipation.
    In all honesty, there are too many individual people from all facets of this brilliant diamond we respectfully refer to as "Our Industry" to thank for all their support, endurance, concern and effort in meeting the challenges that have been placed before us this past year. Please know that both Carol and myself graciously thank each and every one of you, no matter how little or how much you have contributed on this monumental journey. We ask you to remember that the NTA is about all taxidermists, not individuals by any means. There's an election bound to occur next year and you may be the next ones to step up to the plate.
    We certainly feel that Taxidermy.Net is the one place where we can express our candid gratitude to a profession that has meant so much to all of us and for such a long time as well.

Thank you,
    John and Carol Janelli

5. Huggs

Huggs Member

Mitch added a comment on the NTA website but not Taxi net but that's not good enough for the complainer group.

6. BEAVERS

BEAVERS New Member

Huggs, the problem is there would have never been the changes to the NTA without antlerman, triponds, elmer gantry and so on all of whom are here on taxi.net.... when the change happened they were saying there would be more openness and janelli was updating as he went along until he left the post of president.... since then we have heard only crickets.... people can say what they want about taxi.net but the fact remains the ousting of the Crains wouldn't have happened without those folks here on the net.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Ohub Campfire mobile app

7. antlerman

Complainer group? Really? LOL I guess youre one of those who thinks we are all mere mushrooms and any degree of bullchit will cause growth. I know who you are and your comment kind of surprises me a bit. Of course you have nothing to complain about because you sit in the inner circle where pertinent information is made available to YOU. Remove yourself from that inner circle and try sitting where we sit and see if you still feel the same way.

8. EA

EA Well-Known Member

I just read his statement.. Mike, I stand corrected, you are absolutely right and thats why I should have just kept quiet.

After all the BS that members have endured from that Org. for years, you expect them to swallow "we cannot discuss the details of the settlement but rest assured the National taxidermist association is alive and well. Now it is time for us to move forward and not look back!" ???

Thats pretty @#$* Lame. The members deserve to know what the #[email protected]* happened. It's all good ,send more money doesn't cut it. I think EVERY MEMBER should receive a communication in their mailbox detailing, Who got what, Who did what, and what did it cost THEM.

9. Kerby Ross

Kerby Ross KSU - Class of '83; U.S. Army - Infantry (83-92)

Okay ............

So the Crains were paid off .................. but as part of the settlement are the Crains going to still get a percentage of new membership money?

Think about it ...................

Do people want to send in their membership dues knowing that the Crains get some of it?

:)

Kerby...

10. pir^2h

pir^2h Retrievers give you the bird

Re: Okay ............

It sounds like the Crain's were paid off. From everything that went down previously it sounds to me like they (the Crain's) should have been the ones paying off the NTA for all the destruction and damage they did to the organization. I wouldn't be surprised if the NTA just lost one heck of a lot of current and future members by settling, and for their lack of transparency in this whole matter.

Michael P. (Not knocking you in any way, just curious) Did you really quit the NTA? After that long battle you had to be allowed to rejoin? If you quit after all that it must be even worse than I thought!

Vic

11. Kerby Ross

Tim,..........

You talk about censorship ........ but you make a post and then it is gone.

? ? ?

Kerby...

12. antlerman

There may never be an agreement signed. Scrap all that has been said so far. New info says an agreement may not get signed after all. One of the named parties is having second thoughts. I can honestly say that if I was in this person's shoes i would be wrestling with it too. That's all I know, but don't be cashing any checks yet. This thing may have hit a very huge road block that may never go any farther.

Kerby...new developments makes what I said in that post null and void at this time, so I deleted it to avoid posting bad information and giving the wrong impression.

At this time there is no signed agreement and there may never be now.

13. EA

EA Well-Known Member

They did, then they didn't...They will, then they won't... They have, then they haven't.. They could, but they wouldn't. They may, but may not. Holy cow, I'm getting dizzy.

[​IMG]

;)

14. I heard from a good source that the NTA is going to have enough money to pay off the Crains & hold the convention. Heard a lot of rooms have been reserved so it looks like the convention will be good for the NTA. All this Dealing should be in the open in a few weeks, 3 to 4 , I was told.
    I am still holding on to my money until next year, That is just my choice,

Now lets all hope that Fred & Harry proceed with a lawsuit against the Crains,,,,,,,,,,,

Gregg I

15. BEAVERS

BEAVERS New Member

Why pay the Crains anything ? They supposedly ripped off the NTA....

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Ohub Campfire mobile app

16. Duckslayr

Duckslayr Active Member

So let me get this straight. The NTA wouldn't take up Harry and Fred's offer to partner with them in a lawsuit, thereby giving the NTA access to their evidence against the Crain's, but instead are considering paying a settlement to the people they accuse of running the organization into the ground. Wouldn't the documents in Harry and Fred's possession allegedly insure that the Crain's not only lose their suit, but be held accountable for their actions? What am I missing here?

17. " What am I missing here?" Logic and common sense. Something missing with those attempting to run the NTA.

18. Its really not the current boards fault, its the board that signed a 10 yr contract with the Crains !!!!!!!!!!
    Now I am not a member but if I was that is who I would be very upset with, The Life Members must be upset with this,.

Gregg I

19. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Gregg, you need a history lesson. No "board" EVER signed off on that 10 year contract. I know of 3 people who happened to sit on that board who presented that "contract" WITHOUT CLEARING THE BOARD, had it signed, and then the board was advised that it was a done deal. That action was why I resigned. It was a direct violation of the stipulations the BOARD had placed on any contract being awarded. The current actions taken happened about 4 years into that garbage they called a "contract". I AM a Life Member and I'm not upset at the Crains or that contract. I wouldn't expect any difference. I'm upset at what's transpired in the last two years and the promises, the cloaking, the double speak, and the hidden agendas. The crook I know never bothered me, it's the one I thought was above that and proved me wrong that pisses me off.

20. Kerby Ross

Sounds like ...........

Sounds like the Crains are being paid off. If so, how much?

And are they going to get any money from new memberships?

Kerby...