1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

BOTW #16

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by JBird, May 12, 2014.

1. JBird

JBird Member

holy smokes. First let me say sorry for the delay. Second. That I type over 100 wpm but because my Internet has been delayed. I'm doing this from my iPad. So it's excruciating having to finger type so slow. and finally I have no idea how to post photos from my iPad. So any help would be great. While I'm floundering trying to figure it out. A little update

Ok I've done an intro before so will just bring everyone up to speed. I haven't been around much lately because I find myself in the very peculiar position of recently becoming a single father. Selling of the house. Buying and moving. Lightening the blow to my precious little girls with a surprise trip to disneyland. I've been a busy bee. I have however continued to sneak online here and there to sneak a peak at all the beautiful work. I'm just sorry I haven't been able to participate. With that said. Let's make this a great next two weeks. It's a new beginning for me and cause to look forward and celebrate. What better way than to share our common love of birds. I'll be getting Internet by Wednesday. Until then I'll see what I can figure out with my iPad. Until then please start sharing Can't wait to see what you all post as the last few months have been fantastic

2. spencer2

spencer2 Member

Pair of mallards[​IMG]

3. JBird

JBird Member

Re: BOTW #16
    Hey. I think I got it. Sadly I worked really hard on these and all I can do is take a photo from my iPad OF the pictures on my computer screen. Sorry for all the glare and reflections. I'm a desperate man. Haha

Gonna experiment my preview option isn't working

[​IMG]

4. JBird

JBird Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Sprigman

Sprigman Member

Wow, great start JBird.

6. JBird

JBird Member

Hey spencer. Great mallard pair. I think it's easy to take them for granted as they are so common. But the reality is they are stunning birds. Your work is incredibly smooth. Do you calk or pin your wing webs? Just asking cause anatomically they are right on the mark. I use wire frame so struggle with flying mounts and wing webs :eek:

7. IU Doug

IU Doug Member

JBird, I would love to go through your place and view your entire collection......it has to be awesome!! Doug

8. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

very pretty mallards spencer....great job

9. JBird

JBird Member

sneaking a peak from work - would love to see some more posts on here. Week is still young. Still no interenet service vrom home (tomorrow hopefully) but can snap some more shots of my computer screen with my ipad when I get home - meantime LETS SEE SOME BIRDS - I need some inspiration and motivation guys and gals ;o)

10. spencer2

spencer2 Member

i pin the flight web and calk near the elbows.

11. First standing mount[​IMG]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

12. 5th duck. I think it turned out well[​IMG]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

13. Shawn73

Shawn73 Active Member

First dead mount
    [​IMG]

14. Tom Mayer

Tom Mayer Member

I love this entire website, so if anything is late it is not a problem for me. This website is my little piece of heaven away from work. I am a meat cutter by trade.

15. JBird

JBird Member

Popeye. Love your handle. Popeye is a childhood favorite. You said first standing mount? Literally your first duck huh. Fantastic job. Seems like the last few years (10?) people's "firsts" are so much better than the "firsts" from my day. Excellent job

Shawn. I've said it in the past. I wasn't a dead mount fan for the longest time but they've come so far in recent years I've become a huge fan. Beautiful work. I've long wanted to do a mount of all the Pochards. Well done. Did you make your own woodbackground?

Keep em commin guys and gals. Bird stuffer. Kma. Wolfgang. Jeremy. Igor ??? Come on guys. Help a brotha out ;)
    [​IMG]

16. Buff Pheasant pair...

Attached Files:

17. TIM SCHLOSS

TIM SCHLOSS Member

Did this for a local nature center. Outside of my comfort zone. But with JBIRD hosting, why not. Cool different birds Jeff[​IMG]

18. Could have fooled me, looks amazing!

19. igor

igor Member

Jeff, great to see you hosting and posting some cool birds. Nice mounts everyone. Love that hawk.
    My phone does not let me post any pictures for a long time. Jeff could you post a couple of my birds if I email you a picture?

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

20. FF/Birdman

FF/Birdman Well-Known Member

Jeff, glad to have you hosting once again. I am always amazed to see all the cool birds you get to mount. I will show my support with a pair of dead mount pheasants. A great week to all and keep the posts coming, Paul.

[​IMG]