1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

BOTW #16

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by JBird, May 12, 2014.

1. wings II

wings II New Member

Great week of work everyone!

Jeff, I'm sorry I don't have a lot of finished pics right now (trying to find time to take pics gets harder and harder).....so this pintial is the best I've got on hand. Nevertheless, as always, thanks for hosting Bird of the Week :) It's always an exciting and fun 2 weeks when you Host!

[​IMG]

2. A couple of Duskies.

Attached Files:

3. wolfgang

wolfgang New Member

Great work being posted!!!
    JBird your an excellent host but I have nothing left in the shop. Sold and shipped everything I own to get new brooder room ready for the little ones who will be here soon.
    Maybe I can find some old stuff to post.

4. 689

689 Well-Known Member

Dang it matt...now that pin is my fav......i hate you .no i dont but darn it...

This goose has me worried..being i only have 3 ducks and no geese under my belt im worried.it has a wing that i thought had only a ulna broken but also has the humerus..:(...im sure im taking too long to flesh..eamt to do good cuz iys not a practise bird..im..doomed...pray for me...lol..i will be brave soon...

5. Doug B

Doug B Well-Known Member

Some very nice work everyone.
    Makes me wish it was Hunting season .

6. wolfgang

wolfgang New Member

Here are some Teal I don't think I have posted before.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Shawn73

Shawn73 Active Member

Finally got a couple of my own birds done. My first Canvasback Drake ! Shot the hen over 4 years ago. Best day of hunting ever that day. The can was top of my bucket list. And my first gadwall. Time to get a couple deer done so no more duck pics on here from this guy for a while. :( Wish I can only do birds. Maybe some day.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. rai_red

rai_red Active Member

Jeff my friend,thanks for hosting BOTW again. I am working like a dog to have something finished for my following two host-weeks, so I am a little bit rare with posts at the moment. But I wont let your weeks go without something from me. I did this woodcock for the owner of my hunting area as a birthday present and I can tell you, that he was really amazed,
    Rainer

Attached Files:

9. Samson

Samson New Member

Pretty looking woodcock Rainer! ;D
    aren't they fun to make?
    Greetings, Karin

10. BrookeSFD16

BrookeSFD16 Well-Known Member

JBird thanks for hosting! Awesome stuff this week. New posters and the veterans.Very inspirational. I have nothing complete but will post when I do.

Brooke

11. JBird

JBird Member

oh my friends - WONDERFUL - thank you so much - a real joy to see and to host. KMA thanks for jumping in and giving us another STUNNING mount - gorgeous bird as always. Birdstuffer - you barely made it - I was almost about to hunt you down ;o) gorgeous - thank you for sharing - lovely birds - how is your VGF coming along? ;)

wolfgang - thank you also for stepping up and digging into your archives - BEAUTIFUL - teal are definately my favorite - for all my love of giant birds - its ironic that with waterfowl - the smaller ones are my favorites. Really outstanding.

shawn - love the can's and the gadwall - I just mounted a flying can this weekend - not nearly the trophy bird that you have - congrats on a beautiful bird and a really outstanding piece.....well done.

Rai Red - boy - those woodcocks are crazy hard (for me at least) really exceptional - they are amazing birds - they remind me of big beautiful moths with their coloring. I commend you for undertaking such a task and doing it so well.

OFF - I love all your birds - but that Goldeneye is a real stunner - you did a FANTASTIC job on grooming those scaps to perfection - no easy feet. Gorgeous piece - again thank you for sharing it - what a great week and thank you all again for all your participation and wonderful photo's ;o) lets get ready for another great weekd -

cheers
    Jeff

12. Jeff you are a gracious host! My VGF will be posted next week! :p

13. wings II

wings II New Member

JBird, saw you back posting...had to pull these BOTW's up...you were the best HOST ever!