1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Have you freeze dry guys ever done this

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by Diehl2229, May 18, 2014.

1. Diehl2229

Diehl2229 All Critters & Pets Freeze Dry LLC

If you have? Would you charge more?

Attached Files:

2. Betta132

Betta132 New Member

That may be taxidermied and not freeze-dried.
    Halfway off-topic, that's one of the better anthro squirrels I've seen. Nothing's bent too horribly out of place, at least.

3. I have done some novelty poses but not quite like that. Whenever they are stretched out they take up more dryer room and I do charge a little more but not a whole lot unless its something like a squirrel with the tail extended which takes quite a bit of space.

4. Diehl2229

It's not taxidermy I only do freeze drying. I Was going to do one with a fishing pole maybe or sitting on a bike. I think the general public would buy them.

5. Betta132

Betta132 New Member

Ah, it's your work? Good job! Usually those things have the joints bent all out of place and just look weird, but this looks fairly natural.

6. Diehl2229

Thanks, I had a good teacher :)

7. I've not done any yet but I've had alot of inquiries. My thing is where do you get the bow and arrow?

8. JerseyJays

JerseyJays Well-Known Member

What do you charge to make one of those? I think I want one for my desk!

9. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

I'm not much into "novelty" mounts, but I have to say that's an incredibly good job. Like Jersey Jays, I wouldn't think twice about having one of those for myself.

(Just a note, however. Many times people show us pictures of their better work that can't be duplicated. I'd want one EXACTLY like this one, including the posture.)

10. Diehl2229

Thanks George, that mount will be ready in about 7 weeks. I believe anyone can freeze dry but some not so well. I guess that's why when I retired from the Fire Dept I payed a lot of money to take classes for this from one of the best freeze dry guys in the business, which saved me some years of frustration. Wiring the animal is key it's very easy to distort the joints to much. Prices go to my website http\\Allcrittersandpetsfreezedry.com

11. I agree, there is a lot more to it than set it and forget it. From adjusting the temp, to prep work, and on and on. Its not too difficult but you should have and understanding of how it works, why it works, what can happen wrong then you can use what you know about the process to avoid those things happening. Just like boiling skulls, all it takes is a few bad eggs to give the whole group a bad name.

12. jhunter13

jhunter13 Member

AllCritters did you make the bow? Looks great

13. Diehl2229

Lol no there 1/6 scale miniatures

14. Silverose01

Silverose01 Proud member of LTBBOI

That is awesome!!