1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

BOTW #17

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by JBird, May 18, 2014.

1. JBird

JBird Member

O'DANG GUYS AND GALS - what a show you're putting on.

Wolfgang - I'm speechless - that reeves is SPECTACULAR - and what can I say about your woodies - exquisite - simply breathtaking !!!!! Thank you for sharing your amazing talent with all of us

Ibateman - love the mountain quail - one of my favorites - love that you put it in "drag" with the male head plume - 8) very nicely done

Tim - that is without question the NICEST pair of ringnecks I've ever seen - simple, elegant - FLAWLESS such a high class piece - very inspiring to all of us - stunning work

Kyle - another great mallard pair - I love these guys and never get tired of them - thank you for sharing it with all of us.

OFF - really appreciate your posts and although the mallard and flying black are nice I have to say I'm partial to your standing blacks - another simple eligance - lovely

Man guys - you're making this one of my favorite weeks - lets keep it going - thank you again for all those who have posted so far :) :) :) :) :)

2. muleyhunter

muleyhunter Soulmates, Gods way of saying together forever

Ok Jeff here's a picture for you. It's been awhile since I been on here always amazed the birds you get to do. Had to take the picture on top of my duck boat.
    [​IMG]

3. Samson

Samson New Member

Very nice looking birds everyone! from me just a young pinfeathered capercaillie.
    I got a new Laptop with Windows 8.1 and I am still struggling to figure everything out so sorry for the absence from taxinet and not posting anything.
    Greetings, Karin

Attached Files:

4. hop

hop Member

the smallest one that we have overhere.

Attached Files:

5. Samson

Samson New Member

"great" bird Hop! ;)
    I mounted up a twenty-something Years old study-skin from a Museum a while ago. forgot to take "before" pictures of the stiff, crumpled skin.
    this bird was a pain to do.
    Greetings, Karin

Attached Files:

6. alan webfoot

alan webfoot New Member

hop amazing as always Tim Schloss my favourite ducks look great nice black Off

7. idbatman

idbatman Active Member

Nice Samson! I dont get to do many raptors and I enjoy them as a change of pace. This is an older pic . Hope I did him justice.

Attached Files:

8. RusTax

RusTax Member

Russia
    J, cool bustard! Wolfgang, wonderful ducks. Hop, wonderful regulus you turned out, I really like.

And some more from me for the week :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

always beautiful work rus tax

10. JBird

JBird Member

DAVE (Muley) HOLY HECK OLD MAN - WHERE YOU BEEN HIDING? What a treat to see you - wonderful post - dang man - you've really been making some leeps and bounds - thats a fantastic piece - i mean REALLY fantastic piece - gorgeous....you really need to call or email me directly - its been to long - I still remember crying like a little girl on the floor of your boat as we were crossing the sound in that storm that I was CERTAIN was going to be my grave - ::) ??? 8) :eek: :p good times

Sampson - I am SOOOO jealous (as are many of us yank's) that you get to hunt and work with those birds - beautifully done. Did you get to hunt that one yourself ? I don't know enough about them - but is there a significant plumage difference between the younger and older birds? Thats a great mount for any skin but pinfeathered you knocked it out of the park.

Hop - is that a kinglett of some sort? if its anything like ours then that thing is TINY. Here they move around so fast and are so small its a challenge to appreciate just how gorgeous they really are - I LOVE seeing the small song birds that get posted. You a real artist to do something that small so beautifully - thank you for posting.

Sampson - a remount huh - someone after my own heart ;o) you'd never know it - i'd love to see the before and after - re-mount or not its a real stunner - what species is it I don't recognize it? size? great post

Ibatman - is that a roughlegged? very cool - and yes - you did him justice - who doesn't love a nice raptor piece - very cool (and lucky) you got to put one together - beautiful

Russ - gracious amigo for jumping in - your work is inspiring to many - I saw your piece on "workbench" with the small red birds and I short circuited my keyboard with drool and the weight of my jaw smashing to the ground - OFF THE CHARTS amazing. Your reeves is gorgeous of course and i LOVE the pochard ;o)

I realize its a holiday weekend locally and many of you will be with family and friends camping probably ;o) (jealous - i'll just be working) but for those still around PLEASE keep em coming. Lets close out this week with a bang !!

happy friday everyone ;)

11. alan webfoot

alan webfoot New Member

Rus Tax great presentation on that ???? what is it ?

12. 1 customer Mallard,1 Wholesale Mallard and my Vulturine Guinea Fowl. Thanks JBird! ;D

Attached Files:

13. ;D

Attached Files:

14. wings II

wings II New Member

Another GREAT week of work!

Rainer - you are one of the most positive people I've ever come across on the interwebs. I think both the Internet and the world in general would be a better place if there were more like you. I'm really looking forward to you hosting the next two weeks. :)

15. rai_red

rai_red Active Member

Wow Matt, thanks for the kind words but I think, no, I know, there are much more like me, who have the same passion and are happy to share there work and all what they know about bird taxidermy with us, to help the newcomer and younger ones, who visit us, to have a good start in this fantastic art.
    But now, I want to let you all know, that I think, that Jeff ( JBird ) is one of the people who get my greatest respect. Not only, that he is a fantastic taxidermist, no, in some correspondence we have had, I found out, that he is selflessly and if he can, he will help out evrybody and last but not least, he is a great host and allways finds the right words to motivate us, thanks Jeff.
    So Matt, you are waiting for my 2 weeks as host ? I can tell you, that I have worked like a dog the last weeks, to offer you some work, that I hope you like but more tomorrow and now one more from me to you all, a hooded crow.

Sincerely, Rainer

Attached Files:

16. JBird

JBird Member

Cheri - you snuck it in just in the nick of time ;) so wonderful I got to see it during my last week hosting - thank you for making it happen - you are a great taxidermist and a great friend......THANK YOU TO ALL WHO HAVE PARTICIPATED AND VIEWED THE LAST TWO WEEKS !!! A genuine pleasure and a real joy -

Rainer - I'm flattered beyond words - thank you my friend for your kindness and support - I agree with Matt in his opinion of you but I also agree with you in that there are a lot of amazing people here -

with that - i pass the torch to you "so-to-speak" beautiful hooded crown - its one on my wishlist ;o) someday perhaps - have a great rest of the weekend everyone and thank you again for the last two weeks - I'm looking forward to see what is to come -

Piece out 8)
    jeff

17. nina5150

nina5150 Active Member

Im bummed i didn't get to participate the last couple weeks. Dealing with a darn javelina, warthog and an evil spirit that keeps pulling my sheets at night..<:(....

18. [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Ohub Campfire

19. nina5150

nina5150 Active Member

Oh dang thats nice....

20. wings II

wings II New Member

JBird, saw you back posting...had to pull these BOTW's up...you were the best HOST ever!