1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Bought a Dakota IV...

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by adrenaline_rush_taxidermy, May 19, 2014.

1. Mainly because thats all I could afford but I wanted a machine. So I finally got to use it this weekend for the first time and man I sure am happy with the purchase!! :) Im doing a neck mount for a fella who cut his cape too short. A local taxidermist turned him away because of it, he said he only does shoulder mounts. Im happy for that because I have gained a potentially good client. ;D Anyways, after the initial couple of minutes with the Dakota IV and two small holes later that will be trimmed off the back of the cape, I managed to flesh the short cape in under 20 minutes. I was quite happy with the results and can't wait to save up to get the Pro.

2. TWinter

TWinter Winter taxidermy

It will work fine, just may take a little longer

3. theguyyouknowtaxidermy

theguyyouknowtaxidermy The Guy You Know Taxidermy<Daniel Elkins>

I bought one last year. I started out with the blade way to shallow. It was taking almost two hours for one cape. I just kept at it. I have done almost 25 on it and now it takes me about 30 minutes including the face. I hink one big tip that help me was to towl dry the skin. I shave right out of the pickle. So they are wet. I just wrap it up in a towl for a minute then shave.