1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Well, oh well hell...

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by michael p., May 20, 2014.

1. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

I guess we really DO have a new MAD Taxidermy going up.... woke up & pinched myself this morning, thought it was a dream..... hopefully it's not a nightmare! :)
    [​IMG]

2. rogerswildlife

rogerswildlife Rogers Wildlife Taxidermy Tommy Rogers

Man thats gonna be nice !

3. joeym

joeym Old Murphey

Very nice. I wish you continued success!

4. Mike,
    Guess I will have to come see your new shop when its up and running.

5. BrookeSFD16

BrookeSFD16 Well-Known Member

Grand opening party?

Brooke

6. joeym

joeym Old Murphey

Great Idea!!!!

7. EA

EA Well-Known Member

Nice !

Mike, you may want to ask if they install cables and turnbuckles to help with flex. We did a couple of those type buildings where they did not. When the sun got high, the building expanded to the point the doors wouldn't work properly. We had an engineer come in and they recommended several places to put cables in an (X) pattern. This did help.. Coarse this building had a dozen or so doors and walls to the lid. If you only have a couple doors, or your walls don't go all the way up, you may be able disregard that useless info. LOL.

8. michael p.

Little progress....
    [​IMG]

When this is done we are going to have a BIG ASS party!!

9. I'll bring the crawfish and gator!
    DC

10. michael p.

Hell yeah Cavaretta!!!!

My new area solely for work,,,,

[​IMG]

Starting the outside...

[​IMG]

11. michael p.

PS- notice the red trim & dirt..... I'm worried about the brightness & landscaping..... LOL! :)

12. joeym

joeym Old Murphey

The progress looks great! Hope you have the party while Jay & Mandy are still in the Beaumont area...we'll cover you up with Murphey's to feed! We are so proud for you and Miranda!

13. EA

EA Well-Known Member

I see the cables are in there Mike, but then you knew that. LOL On the building we did, it was taller and the steel a lot heavier, so I think the yo-yo's figured it was so beefy it would never move.. Wrong!

You are going to have one badazz shop. Wish it was sitting on my property.

14. JEJ

JEJ Active Member

PA
    Love seeing this!

15. DROPPINEM

DROPPINEM New Member

Congratulations Michael P!!!Thst is gonna be sweet!I remember a while back you were debating moving your shop to your house.Is this st your house or elsewhere?

16. The cables are there to level and square the building congratulations michael nothing like living out your dream its inspiring for us all

17. tomdes

tomdes Me my dear and Fall BAZZ!!!

Steel, sweet!! You'll be able to hang just about anything from that. What kind of insulation are you going to use, and what 'R' value?

18. Brian W

Brian W Well-Known Member

looking good.........certainly looks like you're gonna have room to navigate.........nice

19. B Jones

B Jones Memeber of - NTA,UTA,AIT.Proud Member of NZTA.

Thats what all your hard work is doing for you Michael. Happy for you.

20. Very nice, congrats.