1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Long wait

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by critterstuffr, May 23, 2014.

1. critterstuffr

critterstuffr New Member

Had a Subcontractor at work that told me a story that was hard to believe but stuff happens I guess. He shot his first and biggest deer at the ripe old age of 12 . . . 33 years ago. Gave it to a taxidermist to mount and something happened to the cape. He was given the antlers attached to a form and it hung on his wall the whole time. We were talking and he told me the story. I looked at him and asked why he just didn't get a replacement cape? He just looked at me an a little embarrassed I think and said he didn't know you could do that? Here's the results giving it to him today. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. GH

GH New Member

nice job! bet that made his day

3. Justin2011

Justin2011 New Member

Had this same thing happen had a guy call me and said he took his deer to a taxidermist to get shoulder mounted 7 years later he finally gets his horns back and the taxidermist freer quit so the cape was bad. So I told the guy I had spare capes and he brought the horns up to drop off, when he brought them in the skull plate was broke and the only thing holding it together was all the hair and skin that was left on the skull plate looks like he just cut the horns off before he skinned it out. But I shoulder mounted it for him took about 6 months to get it back. to say the least he was a very happy customer after waiting 7 years to get his deer back