1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

All Home Tanners

Discussion in 'Tanning' started by David Patton, May 28, 2014.

1. I will be shaving hides for home tanners. You pickle...I will shave them...you take them home and finish tanning. I will be in Pine Level/Smithfield, NC area all summer up until tanning season starts back up at Sivko Fur where I work in Fall and Winter. You can bring them in person or you can mail them...doesn't matter when they are pickled. I hope this is beneficial to a lot of guys who don't have the time to do the work and want to concentrate on getting mounts out the door.

2. For those of you that follow my Facebook page, you know that my daughter and I are active in 4H showing lambs around the state of NC and I spend my summer raising these lambs. A lot of taxidermists have asked for my help with shaving and I am happy to help anybody. I can also help give advice on show lambs too if you need that. We are attending 10 shows plus the State Fair and the national show in Louisville, KY and as you can guess...it takes a lot of deer hides to pay for lamb feed...LOL!!