1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

first mold with Innovative Polymers 1100

Discussion in 'Molding and Casting' started by tlittler, May 30, 2014.

1. tlittler

tlittler New Member

Made a mold today from a good size brown trout. The head measured 7 1/2" long x 4 3/4. I put clay in the back of the head, pegged the head and put in as small of a container is i could, but still used quit a bit of material. If I filled the the back of the head with clay and pegged it with out putting it in a container an used the ultra fast catalyst with the GI-1100 and maybe paint a couple layers on the outside of the head would that work?
    I'm sure this method has been used i just don't want to wast a bunch of material.

Thanks Tim

Attached Files:

2. tlittler

tlittler New Member

Well I have to say it all went smoothly. I am very impressed with the GI-1100.It is outstanding in strength,detail will not rip or tear its incredible stuff. Didn't us any release, head broke free with the excepting of the mouth interior when I made the cast with 3030. It took myself and my 18 year old son to pull it free but the mold didn't pull apart at all. Awesome stuff.

Attached Files:

3. This is good stuff! And to answer your question, yes---It can and is used like a sock mold by drizzle coating a layer of the GI 1100 sped up with Ultra Fast Catalyst. You can build up layers by repeating the process and some will also mix a little Cabosil on the follow-up layers to create a little more thickness in critical areas that might tear.

kperry1963 likes this.
  4. D.Millz

D.Millz New Member

Hello All,

I know this is an old thread but I been sifting through discussions and I was wondering what's a good website or store I can purchase innovative polymer material?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

5. rogerswildlife

rogerswildlife Rogers Wildlife Taxidermy Tommy Rogers

Anglers artersty has it .
    Tommy

Lance.G, Polymer Guy and D.Millz like this.
  6. Google it there's places in the Midwest and South also,depending on where your located.