1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

mountain lion form

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by jennifer, Jun 19, 2007.

1. jennifer

jennifer New Member

I'm going to be doing my first lifesized mountain lion soon and I was wondering who's forms are the best. I'm comfortable doing slight alterations but nothing crazy. He wants it walking down. It will be on the wall on 2 rocks.
    Thanks,
    Jennifer

2. Jim B

Jim B Active Member

Jennifer,each company has some decent ones and some not as good.Mckenzie probably has more walking downhill forms,Research has a few.The choice may depend on the size of your cat.

3. Research has good ones, and they also have a lifesize sale going on right now untill july 31st

4. Research carries Bill Lancaster's forms. He has several walking downhill and not only does it give you dimensions, it tells the approximate weight of the cat that it fits. I've used Rayline, one from mcKenzie and Bill Lancaster's. I like Bill's best.

5. Research's summer lifesize sale also has some rocks on sake. I just got a great deal on a coyote form and a rock base.

6. oldterryr

oldterryr Terry's in Heaven with no worries at all.

research has good forms

7. Hi Jen,
    I've mounted a few on Research forms and found them to fit real good! especially Bill Lancasters'. On the belly you want a smaller form measurement than your skin as cats usually have a hanging flap off their belly.

8. *

* Liberalism IS A MENTAL ILLNESS !

If I could I'd mount every cat I ever do Leopard or Cougar on a Rayline Mannakin

9. Matt

Matt Active Member

Rayline is top knotch for bears as well. I would highly reccomend them for your lion.

10. Skywalker

Skywalker Well-Known Member

I have a 52 in cat walking down sold through Coombs. Carcass cast.

11. Ken, I didn't know you had a cougar form. I just checked it out - looks good. I have one in the freezer about that size (for my own use - I bought the skin). I'll give it a try when I get some time to do my own stuff. Heck, I still have a black bear in the freezer that I killed with my bow in Saskatchawan in 2001. Every time I look at your avatar, it looks for all the world like you are sitting there playing a mandolin or something! Nice ram, though.

12. *

* Liberalism IS A MENTAL ILLNESS !

AAHHH Yes now I know about it, A Ken Walker Cougar Form. You can bet money on the fact I'll be using it in the future.....

13. Hi Ken,
    I see that AAA sells it as well, I look forward to trying it myself!

14. jakepost

jakepost New Member

Bill Lancaster is the cat man. His heads are great. Research also has replacement heads if the body fits and the head doesnt. Ask Research if they have anything in their 2nd's area. sometimes you can get the same mold or replacement head for half the price and their is really nothing wrong with it or just needs a little fixing up. good luck

15. RobinK

RobinK New Member

Kens form is very good