1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

BOTW #19

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by rai_red, Jun 2, 2014.

1. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

great work falco

2. nina5150

nina5150 Well-Known Member

Tim,Oli and Falco Amazing work guys....

3. rai_red

rai_red Active Member

When I started my computer yesterday late evening and saw, last post by Falco, I was happy that maybe he has posted one of his fabulous birds here in BOTW but when I opened it, I could not believe and was breathless to see all of your fantastic, unique and stunning mounts Ben.
    I dont know where to start, is it the eagle owl with the ermine or one of the snowies, the blue goose or the pheasants ? Man I am watching the photos again and again and I ask myself, why did not I learn to mount birds like you do, they are all a dream. Thank you very much to share so much of your work with us and give us the inspiratiion for our coming work. I love all your mounts Ben but I have an affinity to the osprey because I never had one in my hands and it would be a dream to do one in the future, maybe,

Rainer.

4. TIM SCHLOSS

TIM SCHLOSS Member

That is an amazing bunch of birds Ben. Would be impossible to pick a favorite. Thank you for sharing them.

5. txoutdoors

txoutdoors Active Member

Falco......Wow! Amazing!

6. IU Doug

IU Doug Member

Tim......love the ruddy mount ...great job and as usual another unreal display from falco

7. falco

falco Trapping is fun

Wow,,, cheers to you all folks, appreciate your positive comments…. I wish I could spare more time to contribute, but these days are not much easy to pass, trying to catch up with all the back log and putting up a new shop… its eating me inside out.. but I guess it will all end up good, I hope.

Rainer, buddy… thanks for your kind words.
    Osprey is one of the weirdest raptors in my books too. they are so different and weird that makes them kind of cool.
    Their head, eye socket, cere, talons, wing spans, placement of their wing, its all different than a regular raptor, they got way to much wing for that tiny body of theirs,, overall its unique and fun. Their small toe is one of the biggest on their foot, and it has developed some spurs on its side to allow them grab the slimy fish, and also their nose is designed to get shut when diving into the water,, quite cool.
    anyways I hope you get one soon to work on.. they should be all over europe too.

cheers

8. jt

jt Member

PA
    Wow... is all I can say falco!

9. snowhare

snowhare New Member

hardest bird on the planet to mount , 12 hour time

Attached Files:

10. Samson

Samson New Member

I searched my older files on the laptop and found something from the past. A fantasybird from the year 1998, included are 10 different birds. ::)
    I hope this is OK. to post here. sorry for the blurry pics, it is taken from an old photograph with the camera.
    Greetings. Karin

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      59.8 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      54.3 KB
      Views:
  11. falco

falco Trapping is fun

nothing is hard for you.
    but what is this bird anyways ?

12. rai_red

rai_red Active Member

Thank you for your comment Ben but I think, I will never get an osprey to mount, I see them each spring passing my area but only for a short time.
    Snowy, thanks for your contribution, the quetzal, it looks amazing, never had my hand on one but I think, when you say hardest to mount, I should believe you and
    Karin, please tell us, what you used in this bird, it looks really interesting,
    and here from me the last songbird, a hawfinch,
    Rainer.

Attached Files:

13. Peter Span

Peter Span Corvids, gotta catch them all!

Cool boids this week 8). Here is a little one from me.

Attached Files:

14. rai_red

rai_red Active Member

Peter, that firecrest is fabulous, looks alive. Could it be possible, that I have seen it at the ETC in Longarone ?

Rainer

15. Hey Rai Red can you host next week too,some great bird on show this week.

16. Samson

Samson New Member

Hello Rainer!
    here is the list of the birds I made the fantasybird from.
    crowned pigeon (crown), buzzard (legs,feet, tail underfeathers), peacock (tailfeathers,neck), black rooster (tailfeathers), marsh harrier (wings), seagull (bill, painted), mallard (head), pheasant (Body), goshawk (claws in the wings), raven (tail). ;D
    Greetings, Karin

17. rai_red

rai_red Active Member

Hey magicmick, that is fine, that you like this BOTW under my hosting but wait till our lady birdstuffer will host the next, I think, there will be something special too,
    Rainer.

18. wings II

wings II New Member

X2 - Great Job Hosting as always Rainer. :) Nice Work Everyone.

Snapped a quick pic of this little bill payer before it went out this morning.
    (*Rock and Base are from my friends at Walnut Hollow.)

[​IMG]

19. One more for you my friend Rainer.I have to save a couple for my turn. Thanks for hosting!

Attached Files:

20. Samson

Samson New Member

Here is the last bird so far from me, a chaffinch.
    The next bird will take a while I'm afraid :-[
    Greetings, Karin

Attached Files: