1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

aren`t they beautiful ?

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by rai_red, Jun 10, 2014.

1. rai_red

rai_red Active Member

Have been to a breeder friend in Austria last weekend and did some photos in his aviaries. He is mostly breeding sea ducks, some grebes and some shore birds. I love to go there sometimes and sit down with my camera for a hour or so and watch the birds doing their activities. I try to get some photos for refference but also to look at them again and again. I hope you enjoy the pictures like I do and before I forget it, my friend is looking for alive surf scoters, the only species of sea ducks he dont has. If anyone of you knows a breeder of them, please give me the contact so we can try to arrange us,

Rainer.

first, a drake harlequin and a pair of white-winged scoters
    second, Faroer eiders

Attached Files:

2. rai_red

rai_red Active Member

first photo, king hens and two shore birds
    second photo, an old pair and a young king drake

Attached Files:

3. rai_red

rai_red Active Member

first photo, the same king group
    second photo, king hens and two horned grebes

Attached Files:

4. rai_red

rai_red Active Member

here is a pair of longtailed ducks and in the other photo, together with king hens

Attached Files:

5. rai_red

rai_red Active Member

and here some spectacled eiders

Attached Files:

6. rai_red

rai_red Active Member

some more spectacled

Attached Files:

7. rai_red

rai_red Active Member

and more specs

Attached Files:

8. rai_red

rai_red Active Member

and some stellers eiders, a fantastic group of three pairs

Attached Files:

9. rai_red

rai_red Active Member

and at least, what I took home for taxidermy, 3 harlies and 2 marbled teals
    and in the last photo you can see a beautiful pair of horned grebes

Attached Files:

10. txoutdoors

txoutdoors Active Member

I will take one of each.

11. nina5150

nina5150 Well-Known Member

Ues sir,they sure are.i really like the Stellers...so pretty...

12. Capercaillie

Capercaillie New Member

HOLY SHIT!!! That is a serious breeder to have on your contacts list, even the Advocet is gorgeous. You know where I am if you ever get too many, id kill for some of those species! The man must be a master to keep those alive in captivity as their immune ststem is dreadful.

13. Rai that's so cool to be able to go and do that. I've never seen a speckled eider. It's very neat. Brett

14. Cool Rainer! I like the Steller's and the grebes! :)

15. Kinglet

Kinglet New Member

That's insane. I would hate to foot the bill for that aviary. Very nice wish I could visit it one day. I really wish stellars and spectacles were not protected here. Seeing how they are hunted everywhere else and they aren't extinct yet. I would love to work with a horned grebe or any type of eider.

16. wow looks like your at a zoo,what size were the aviaries.

17. rai_red

rai_red Active Member

Yes Cheri, I like the grebes and the stellers too but also love the kings and the spectacled and ....
    Capercallie, the shore birds are also something special, he also keeps ruffs, now in breeding plumage and absolutely nice and some sorts of plovers and there is a community keeping sea ducks and they stay in good contact to share their knowledge for the best of the birds
    magicmick, I think there are 3 aviaries, each in the size of a basketball-field,

Rainer

18. lucky you rai ,you cant tell in the pics