1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

You all want to brag......

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by 8Point, Jun 10, 2014.

1. 8Point

8Point Member

I just love to look at whitetails... Maybe that's why that's all I mount. I know that most of you love to hunt just as much as I do so let's see some of the nice bucks you have killed!!! Maybe even a pic of it mounted! Most of you are probably too humble to have shown them before but nows a chance to show a nice buck during this lull in the hunting season!!!! Cmon.... Let's see em!

2. ortegageno

ortegageno Active Member

NM
    There is already a thread that has hundred of photos already going, I believe it's in the taxidermy industry.

3. ElkinsTaxidermy

ElkinsTaxidermy www.ronelkinstaxidermy.com

No such thing as humble, on here. Guys have to start their own threads on their gameheads/lifesize work, instead of putting them on the GAMEHEAD/LIFESIZE of The Week threads. Not much humble around here. HEY EVERYBODY, LOOK AT ME!!! LOOK HOW WONDERFUL I AM !!!
    Humble---not so much.

4. Diesel_19

Diesel_19 New Member

I think it's good to be proud of your work... If your not proud of it why should anybody else be?

5. I enjoy the spotlight post. Kind of like looking at a hotrod magazine.

6. AaronWolf

AaronWolf Member

Sometimes its nice to hear that your work is nice from somebody who knows good or bad taxidermy if they see it. We have all seen good and bad and all have our own opinion on what "looks good" but when somebody else in the industry and maybe more than one person says nice work it can make your day. I appreciate any and all advice and criticism I ever get and use it as fuel to do better. SO when I post a pic of a nice buck I am proud of, yeah I am showing my hard work, not bragging about how big the deer is or how much money I made on it. Like Diesel said, if I cant be proud of what I do, then why would I expect any customer to ever be happy with their mount.

7. Matt

Matt Active Member

Personally, I like to see others work and you SHOULD post it any way you want to. Afterall, this is a taxi sight right?

8. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Yeah, I agree with Ron..... we should all walk around with low self esteem & zero self confidence!

9. 1fish2fish

1fish2fish Well-Known Member

You can...doesn't mean you "SHOULD."

Ultimately, as you all know, its each person's prerogative what he/she posts and how (within the scope of the rules of the forum), and I could care less what that prerogative is so long as the posts are respectful......but..........unless someone is looking for a critique or pointing out something specific like a new technique or sharing a neat story, when folks start their own thread to show off photos of a finished animal separate from the longstanding "show and tell" threads, IMO some of what Ron is talking about often has come into play. Whether that's good or bad, I don't think its farfetched.

Best, Scott

10. Matt

Matt Active Member

Yeah, I have to disagree with you Scott. Nothing wrong with guys posting their work outside the gamehead of the week or l/s of the week. The great thing is, everyone can just move on without posting anything or saying anything on the thread. Personally I don't post pics to LOOK AT ME, I post them because like me, there are several guys on here that love to see the work, reguardless of what some think on here. If they don't like it, they can move on with out saying a word. It's really that simple. I hope everyone continues to post pics, where ever that may be.

11. 1fish2fish

1fish2fish Well-Known Member

??? how is that different from the gamehead of the week or any other "show and tell" thread? I'm not sure I follow that.

Anyway, I completely agree with your last sentence; but still I think Ron's assessment is a lot closer to fact than fiction. Maybe I'm wrong.

Best, Scott

12. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

Example...............

if Rick Carter posted his work on just any old thread, his inspirational work would get lost in with all the other crap work.

It ain't bragging if you can back it up.

Get in where you fit in.

If your work is deserving of it's own thread then "DO iT", and we'll all become better perhaps. If it doesn't, then we'll laugh and make fun of you if you do. LOL

13. juli

juli Active Member

:)Two thumbs up. So true. Having someone tell you nice job on a mount is more meaningful, IMO, if it comes from someone in your own profession, or if it is someone who has a real sense of quality.

I would post pix of my first and only whitetail buck (Alaskan)...but he is a dink 1.5 yr old 8 point and i did not mount him. Going back this yr to try for someone a little bigger, or tastier, whichever comes my way. :)
    Juli

14. 8Point

8Point Member

All I wanted to see was some pics of some nice bucks.....

15. Glenn M

Glenn M Well-Known Member

Here's my 10 point I shot this past season, brag, brag.. I'm going to full mount it when I get some free time, or throw the hide out whenever it's too freezer burned, which ever comes first :-\

That first pictures was reduced using my old hp windows xp computer, The other picture was reduced using my new POS gateway windows 8

Attached Files:

16. Diesel_19

Diesel_19 New Member

[​IMG]

17. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

Just google, https://www.google.com/search?q=deer+mounts&espv=2&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=i4acU-eKFZKkyATJjoKwDA&ved=0CEYQsAQ&biw=1600&bih=775#q=pedestal%20deer%20mounts&revid=678982634&tbm=isch&imgdii=_

18. RichMO

RichMO Well-Known Member

Nice one "Low T"

19. 8Point

8Point Member

Both those are dandies! Glen really nice gun kill! Diesel.... What a peach of a buck and mount! What it score?!

20. Diesel_19

Diesel_19 New Member

151 and some change... Public land MO bow buck