1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

g nornan wilkinson

Discussion in 'Taxidermy History' started by rdkill, Jun 12, 2014.

1. rdkill

rdkill New Member

i bought a mt.goat shoulder mount with g.norman wilkinson label on the back saying it was done in 1908 in penn . can i have any more info about him

2. PA

PA Well-Known Member

Greetings Mr. Roadkill,

A google search provided a little info, as long as you spell Norman correctly. There was a small obituary in the Williamsport PA newspaper that had difficulty in using optical reading software, but here is what was essentially said:

Sun - Gazette, Monday . April 3 . 1967. G. Norman Wilkinson, » Montoursville died Saturday April 1, at his home. * r.n?me of. Williamsport and a resident of South Williamsport for many years, he taught school In Lycomlng County in his early years. Later he established a taxidermy business in partnership with Charles Eldon, After retiring from business, he returned to teaching and served on the faculties of Williamsport and Montgomery High Schools. Mr. Wilkinson was a graduate of Williamsport High School and Bucknell University.

Bucknell listed him in another website as a "taxidermist" at the University circa 1916 and 1917 in what passed for their museum. He probably graduated college about that time period.

A post I made on the Taxidermy.net years ago also pulled up his name in the citation list. He published a price list I have in my library. The web found another price list from an earlier date.
    See:
    http://www.taxidermy.net/forum/index.php/topic,218887.0.html

and http://www.biblio.com/book/catalogue-price-list-deer-head-mountings/d/157180833

Charles Eldon is a very famous taxidermist who must have partnered with Wilkinson and/or sold the business to him when her died or retired.

It might be nice for you to post a picture of the mount.