1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Hunting/Taxi video (Book Cliffs)

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Beckham, Jun 14, 2014.

1. Beckham

Beckham Member

http://youtu.be/zGmPkTUPofY

Here is a video of our Book Cliffs hunt and the taxidermy that goes along with it. This is my 12th and 13th mount. Please critique if you see anything that I can work on. I use reference photos on all my mounts but sometimes its hard to build what I see. I am no artist by any means as I can barely draw a stick figure but try hard to build what I see.

Hope you enjoy.

2. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

Very nice video. It looks like you threw them together, two deer in three minutes is pretty good I'd say. It is impossible to critique from the vid, but they look above average, and you are doing very well. If you really want a solid critique, take the deer to a State show and let a judge fine tune you. Any critique for this post will be soft and pointless. I loved the video, it captures the memories of your hunt, the mounts, and your friendship with your pal.

3. Beckham

Beckham Member

Thanks LowT.

4. alan webfoot

alan webfoot New Member

hey I don't even deer hunt but I enjoyed it,congrats on a nice video and 2 gorgeous bucks

5. Nathan

Nathan Active Member

I really enjoyed the video, very creative. It is very hard to judge the work, given the limited angles and lack of close ups. I won't ask you where you killed those bucks, but you are certainly fortunate to have access to such an area.

6. WILD BROOKIES

WILD BROOKIES JOIN EBTJV SAVE A RESOURCE

BOOK CLIFFS UTAH RMEF SECURED A BUNCH OF LAND THERE DRILLERS WANT TO ROAD IT LOOKS LIKE MAYBE FATHER /SON OR RELITIVE HUNT PARTNER MAYBE ON SOME RANCHING FOR WILDLIFE OR PRIVATE LANDS UTAH HAS SOME GIANTS JUST NOT FOR THE EVERYDAY HUNTER THEY LEAVE THAT NON RES STUFF TO COLO. AREAS LOOKS LIKE THOSE MULIES WERENT YOUR FIRST RODEO MOUNTING THEM UP WHICH WAY DID YOU USE TO KEEP THE VELVET?

7. Beckham

Beckham Member

They were both freezed dried. I had another taxi near me repair the velvet that was damaged when we took the fall but he did a fantastic job and you cannot even see it was repaired.

8. huntnut78

huntnut78 Member

Very cool!

9. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

Making Memories. Absolutely. Very nice.

10. rogerswildlife

rogerswildlife Rogers Wildlife Taxidermy Tommy Rogers

Very cool !!

11. Well done!