1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Thank God for the Taxidermy Net

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by George, Jun 14, 2014.

1. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

There's that nasty conflict to that Mark. There certainly a "like" button on Facebook, but there's no "this sucks" alternative.

2. Ron B

Ron B Life Sucks.....Then comes the death roll!!!!

Alabama
    Here's what puzzles me. I was better after a year of doing taxidermy than I was when I started. I was better after five years than I was at one year. I was better after 10 years than after five. I was better after 30 years than I was at 20 years. Hell...I'm better this year than I was last year..........so; Exactly when........WILL I NOT SUCK!!!? :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

3. Lizardfeathers

Lizardfeathers Thank you for teaching me through your works...

The world may never know...

4. George

LMAO Ron. I love your humility. I'm right there with you. Imagine how terrible we'd be if we didn't improve each year.

5. Ron B

Alabama
    Little &^^%% you &^%%ing &&%#$# :mad:

6. Lizardfeathers

Lizardfeathers Thank you for teaching me through your works...

LOL! As soon as I read that I could hear the voice from those old Tootsie Roll Pop commercials...

7. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    Ron that is a god question. I too, was wondering the same thing. When will I not suck at this? I guess the day one stops thinking they suck is the day to give it up, because you just don't give a chit anymore.

8. DL

DL Well-Known Member

I love Ron's attitude. I used to supervise a number of fleet mechanics. Nothing gets me more upset than someone that thinks they can't get do a job better or faster. I find the more I learn the less I know. I was told years ago by my boss that a student will never get better than his teacher.

9. George

DL I was told a variant of that same thing: Always strive to make your students smarter than you are.

10. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

I use to think I was good, got very humbled..... then I thought I got better & reality set in..... I really suck!!

DL, I disagree..... somebody had to teach Ken Walker, Phil Soucy, Ray Hatfield & Frank Kotula...... matter of fact, most in this industry were taught at a level where they could not go above their instructors so they took the Y in the road..... I bet Marcus Zimmermans teacher when he started wished he was as good....... :)

11. DL

DL Well-Known Member

I'll expand on that Michael. What he was trying to say to me was as long as I stay under his training that's about as good as I would get. To improve past that I needed to keep seeking wiser teachers. I have done that in life. Find the best in a field and learn from them.

12. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

Gotcha!!!

13. Ron B

Alabama
    Well...there you have it! The answer to replacing the old NTA; The NSTA..."National Sucky Taxidermist Association"! I vote George for president!!

14. coonhollow

coonhollow Active Member

Facebook I guess has it's place, I'm not a fan of or against it. Drama is the evil of all internet social sites. This one included. Fact is everyone sucks, maybe not in every category but there's some area's that every taxidermist. Is average, below average, or plain sucks at
    Then there's the excuses why they don't do certain things. Fish, birds, waterfowl, turkeys, etc... there's no money in doing them, I don't have the patience, their more work than they are worth, the paint fumes, the chemicals ya da ya da ya da...
    I have seen taxidermist from beginning to end go from suck to great and a few back to suck because their ego was bigger than their eyes. And their mouths bigger than their egos. It's not because they are taxidermist you have those same people in every industry. To me this site was started to aid and help taxidermist, new or old. To give a sense of organization and unity. Some thinks it's a way to look cool and degrade others, or to stroke a ego that nobody else would. There's some great people on here, and many great taxidermist, and many that just might appreciate help and guidance from the rest so they can get to the same level as many others. Hopefully without becoming a tool