1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

BOTW 21

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by birdstuffer, Jun 15, 2014.

1. Nice work everyone. Here is my last that was fun to do. Maybe not realistic but artistic. Lol Brett.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

2. I also hit the wrong button[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

3. feather2009

feather2009 Member

Every once in a long while i have time to get on and post!

Attached Files:

4. Cheri, thanks for hosting. Nice to see all the birds. Here's one from me. [​IMG]

5. kyle916

kyle916 New Member

dang... you guys are good! love being inspired by true artist's. nothing really outta the ordinary on this one I just finished today, except I always use the real skulls. here, I made an artificial tounge outta clay and painted it. came out pretty good I think.

Attached Files:

6. kyle916

kyle916 New Member

tounge pic... lol

Attached Files:

7. Taxi-lover

Taxi-lover Active Member

Those king eiders are just stunning.....Great work!!!

8. Samson

Samson New Member

Cool birds so far! I don't have new birds yet but a few older Mounts to share.
    2 peregrine females, one adult the other juvenile. a Restoration piece with new rock base.
    Greetings Karin

Attached Files:

9. Samson

Samson New Member

2nd is a older restoration Project, this capercaillie is from 1919!
    I did the best i could do with this bird, it nearly fell apart under my Hands. :-[
    Greetings, Karin

Attached Files:

10. Samson

Samson New Member

last one for today my first flying duck. :-[
    I'm nowhere near as good at ducks like Cheri but i am trying. ;D
    Greetings, Karin

Attached Files:

11. HUYE

HUYE Member

Beautiful work Cheri ! lots of great stuff this week, good save on the capercaille Samson.
    [​IMG]

12. alan webfoot

alan webfoot New Member

great work super scene ,but I meant the driftwood it looks alike.

13. nina5150

nina5150 Well-Known Member

Had to try and at lest post something.goose wasent going to make it this week.so here is a lil canery.
    [​IMG]

14. well that sucked...I typed out all my replies and went to post it and it said i wasn't logged in so I lost the whole thing!

15. so here I go again...in answer to your question Alan no I didn't cast the Flamingo legs. All the scales and skin fell apart when I was running the wires up the legs so that all I was left with was bone and wire.I used epoxy sculpt to build them back up. I was surprised they turned out as good as they did.I wish I could of kept the bird but she is owned by an 86 year old man who owns his own private flock.He said I can have her when he dies
    JAY PARKE: The champion of the Idaho show. Should I now call you "Master" JAY? Haha! It was nice meeting with you and (barely) chatting with you at the show. Your work is impeccable and you deserved all your blue ribbons! Your habitat is spot on...very impressive. The fact that you cast everything is amazing too. I still owe you a couple beers for helping me out last winter so if you are ever up this way???? Keep up the great work you do on your birds and with the Idaho Taxidermy Association!

JOHNB1: NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The King's are beautiful as well as the rock they are on.Did you make that yourself? We need to see more of your work.

POPEANDYOUNG: Very unique mount. I have mounted birds on deer antlers but never had the opportunity to mount one on a moose antler. Thanks for posting!

FIN'N'FEATHER: I hope you don't mind but I put your grouse picture in with my reference photos. It is really nice...I love a good Ruffed! We don't have as many here as we did 20 years ago.The only time I see one is when I'm riding my horse and it scares the heck out of the both of us! I grew up in Reno and we didn't have any there so I've never hunted them before. Thanks for you post!

RANDYH: Great display. Love the Sharptail and the stand.I don't have the skill to do habitat or the eye for composition so I am in awe of this piece!

KYLE916:Welcome to the forum. I used to use the real skull for many many years and then I tried an artificial head and never went back.I think it's good to learn how to do it that way but I don't miss the squirting eyeballs and the brains. I wouldn't even know how to make an artificial tongue. Good job.

SAMSON: Karin my far away friend. You don't give yourself enough credit. Your work is outstanding. Your raptors are spot on and how did you restore the Capercaillie?Did you take it apart?It looks brand new! I hope your hand is doing better and you need to take a day to mount that pheasant for yourself. It's great to see women doing taxidermy!!! Take care.

HUYE: My friend that prays for me...I appreciate it and could use it!!! Nice bird! Very colorful...is it a Gallinule? Thanks for posting again. Keep them coming!

NINA5150: I bet everyone thinks your name is Nina like I did but it's Cindy.Nina is your dog right? Great to see yet another talented woman taxidermist posting a picture. The canary reminds me of one we had when I was a kid. How do you people do those small birds???I have no patience!! Good job and post some more!!

It was a great start to the week...keep 'em coming. Here's a couple birds I finished today for a wholesale client.

Attached Files:

16. IU Doug

IU Doug Member

Geez Cheri do you spray paint your snow geese with ultra bright white paint???? 8)

17. Boxie

Boxie New Member

Great work Cheri!

18. ryan rhodes

ryan rhodes Active Member

Great birds everyone!!! [​IMG]

19. small contribution
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. JBird

JBird Member

outstanding week so far - everyone - Cheri you're amazing - was saddened to learn about your recent loss :'( Keep em coming - i need the inspiration ;D