1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Elk shoulder mount problem

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by jmd4419, Jun 16, 2014.

1. I did something very stupid, I mounted a 337 class elk on my stand and forgot to see if the antlers cleared the wall. Finished the elk and the customer picked it up. A few hours later he called and told me that the antlers hit the wall and he cannot hang it up. Is there anything available as far as a panel or rock habitat I can use to attach to the elk so i don't have to take the elk apart?????
    thank you

2. Jerry Huffaker

Jerry Huffaker Well-Known Member

Take it apart and do it right, it's no big deal and it will make your customer happy.

3. hfparker

hfparker New Member

http://www.animalsinmotion.net/
    This may help you.

4. Justin2011

Justin2011 New Member

Did the exact same thing one time but I caught it before I sewed it up!! took a board and layed it on the back of the mount to make sure the horns would clear! the elk I do from now on will be the antler clearance forms!

5. Matt

Matt Active Member

I'm with Jerry on this one, he may not want the habitat.

6. davehyer

davehyer Active Member

just knock a hole in the drywall where the antler hits. ;D ;D.

Just kidding, but that's not an easy fix.

7. James Marsico

James Marsico Well-Known Member

Here is the good news: you will not make that mistake again.

8. bowhunter132

bowhunter132 Member

how much clearance are you lacking?this may work depending on how much hide you tacked in the back.get some 3/4 plywood and set elk on top of it trace out the outline cut the plywood and screw to the backboard .check for clearance if you need more repeat /

9. duxdown

duxdown New Member

Well those animal in motion hangers are nice but dang there proud of them!