1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

R.I.P. my good friend...

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by birdstuffer, Jun 17, 2014.

1. Until we meet again.
    Gus 2000-2014

Attached Files:

2. So sorry for your loss Cheri, there is hardly a more loyal friend than a good lab.

3. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

sorry to hear that cheri, our dogs are everything to us

4. Lizardfeathers

Lizardfeathers Thank you for teaching me through your works...

Sorry to hear Cheri. I'm sure he had the best life any dog could dream of having. I had an Australian Shepard pass away from lymphoma a few years ago and it sure was hard. Our family decided that we wanted to wait a while before we looked for another dog. Things didn't go as planed and we brought home Abby from the shelter two weeks later...

Our prayers and support with you and your family...

5. Samson

Samson New Member

I'm so sorry for your loss Cheri. I miss my cat Sandy every day, she died from lung cancer a few months ago.
    Karin

6. James Marsico

James Marsico Well-Known Member

It hurts a lot I know all to well. Prayers for you and your family.

7. nina5150

nina5150 Active Member

Ugh....my heart goes out to you and your family for your loss of Mr.Gus..im all choaked up darn it. ..i would have given anything to have had 14 years with my fur kids..

8. bucksnort10

bucksnort10 Well-Known Member

Cheri,
    I feel so sad about your pup.
    I was thinking about Gus when I was mounting a bird earlier today.
    Take care.
    Your friend,
    Dan

9. ryan rhodes

ryan rhodes Active Member

That's a bummer... Sorry to hear this, I'm dreading the day my pups go...

10. Thanks for the kind words everybody.He had a great life...he will be missed! :-\

11. gwamp

gwamp Member

Very sorry for your loss Cheri. We love our Cadi Girl like one of the family. I would never consider owning any other breed.

12. Doug B

Doug B Active Member

Im very sorry for your loss, I raise and hunt labs , we have 14 adults of our own and 2 puppies that we are keeping from 2 of the litters we have now.
    I lost the best lab I've ever had back in Oct to cancer .
    Even with all the rest of our pack to keep me busy I still miss her deeply. :'(

13. Kinglet

Kinglet New Member

My condolences to your family. :'( my old yorkie is getting there she is 11 I tear up thinking about that day. Prayers will be sent. Stay strong.

14. Sorry for your loss Cheri. Looks to me like he had a wonderful life and made many memories for you and your family.

15. 14 yrs very good innings for a large dog,i have a boxer who is now 13 the vet told me last year if you get 10 years with a large dog your doing well,in saying that iam not looking forward to that day,sorrey for your loss :(

16. Sorry for your loss. I know the feeling. My Bear, the lab I have now will probably damn near kill me when he passes. He is such a great lab, hunter, and friend. He's definitely a one man dog. Sorry again.

17. IU Doug

IU Doug Member

Sorry to hear.....I lost my Gus this spring at 5 years old.......no matter the age they are our kids :'(

18. Sorry to hear this Cheri. My prayers are with you and your family as this is never an easy thing to go through. May God give you strength.

19. Sorry about your loss. Whenever I lose a pet or hear of someone losing a close pet I always find myself searching for this poem to read.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
    When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
    They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

20. So sorry to hear. It hurts so much to lose our four-legged family members! I was going to post "The Rainbow Bridge" until I saw someone else had already done so. I hope there is a Rainbow Bridge! :'(