1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Customers can't remember

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by oneeyewillie, Jun 20, 2007.

1. just what'd to see if this happens alot, i took a job mounting a bob cat whit a pheasant (3 months ago) he was here watched me wright it down on the order form , so i find the pheasant and mount it and the cat they are drying right now, well he calls today to check on the mount and i told him in a couple of weeks it will be done, then i told him that the pheasant was done to thats when he said i wanted a quail , i told him that he said he what'd a pheasant ,he argued with me until he said that he would still take it but he wanted a quail, does this happen allot i now what he said i wrought it down ,please let me know I'm not the only one thats had this problem, thanks

2. mike g

mike g Active Member

Re: costumers cant remember

What I do is write out on the contract what the customer is requesting as far as mount and habitat and any special directions and I have a place for them to sign to aprove. I have had more than one customers say they wanted different than what I did, I pull out the contract and say you told me to do it this way so that is what I did. Saves your butt if they want to get hot headed about it.

3. after the shot

after the shot N.E.A.T. Board Member

Re: costumers cant remember

Always write everything down in contract form. Have the customer read it, sign it and give them a copy.

4. Re: costumers cant remember

i just started and don't have contracts yet but will start to work on them, i wright it on a order form but it sounds like a contract would be better thanks

5. RobinK

RobinK New Member

yep been there good thing for the contracts i have them write it there selves then sign it what they want then they cant say i wrote another on had that happend to

6. den007

den007 Active Member

Call me paranoid, but I think some folks tell me they need a mount "bumped up" in the usual 7-8 month turnaround so a starving child can get it for a birthday gift before leaving this Earth. Usually, I do it, and do offer a "rush fee" but all too often after a sob story, I do it at my usual price. Call me a chump.....at least a few of you, and I will copy it for future reference to remind myself not to be one!

Please....I want to copy the responses to print out for certain customers.

7. James Marsico

James Marsico Well-Known Member

No matter it might be best to give him what he wants so the negative advertizing will not hurt you as you are just starting out. Don't say anything more! just do it. Never take in another job from him if he ever comes back by saying you are booked full or quote him a really high price no-one would pay. Get contract invoices printed up.

8. mike g

mike g Active Member

9. swampfox

swampfox New Member

The signed contract with specs of what the customer wants on it does help. There will always be one or two that is going to say well that isn't what I "really" wanted etc. Do what you have to do to please them , and get your check before there is blood shed over the issue, then fire them. Simply don't take any more work from them, let them bug your competition. You have to weed thru the bad ones to get good ones. That's my policy, and it has served me well. ;)