1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

HELP!!! Sheep Reference Please

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Jake L, Jun 20, 2014.

1. Jake L

Jake L New Member

Guys I'm in need of nose and ear butt reference for an Iranian Red Sheep. It was shot on a game ranch in Texas. I know what y'all are about to say, "It's been cross bred with a Mouflon sheep and it's not a true red sheep", & y'all are probably correct. None the less I still need some reference for something as close as possible. Yes I've searched the internet & have found some average reference for the nose but I'm wanting close ups for detail & nothing for the ear butts. If anyone has anything to offer it would help me out a lot.

Thanks, Jake

2. Jake L

Jake L New Member

Dang it sucks to be me right now. No one has any input as to any type of sheep reference that would be close to what I'm asking for?

3. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

Go to the suppliers and order an exotic sheep reference DVD.

4. critterstuffr

critterstuffr New Member

I'm not trying to be a Richard here by what I'm about to say but . . . didn't you skin it out? If so the best reference your going to get was right there and a um got a camera phone? 8)

5. Paul B

Paul B Active Member

There pretty much the same as a Mouflon, small ears and ear butts, nothing special.

6. Jake L

Jake L New Member

I understand what you're trying to say but actually no I didn't skin it out. It was skinned out at the ranch in Texas where it was shot & I received 2 bags, 1 with the hide & 1 with the skull. I really wished I would've been able to skin it out myself as there would've been a lot of measurements & photos...no offense taken lol