1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

for those who have not seen this

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by coonhollow, Jun 23, 2014.

1. coonhollow

coonhollow Active Member

something everyone should watch at least once. something most should watch frequently! was probably the most inspirational thing i have witnessed along with my son Hunter. Larry and Kathy Bloomquist put this together for the world show and to myself it was sad, inspirational, and a insight to whats important in life. Simon Blackshaw's amazing words!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yVgML3LAdM

2. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

in every industry in the world there is always a handful of people that stand out above the rest.. the taxidermy industry is no exception.....here is another fine example of one person who set the standard of perfection so high that everyone will strive to reach it......what a great man

3. That was amazing!

4. antlerman

antlerman NTA Life Member #0118

I was there the night this event took place, as many of you were. I don't see how there could have been a dry eye in the place. Having had the opportunity to get to know Simon, and be judged by him was more than just an honor. It was a life memory. What a remarkable man. The kind of person who made us all better, just by his mere presents. Sadly he will forever be missed. A Nice tribute to a very special man who touched us all.

5. Tom McNeal

Tom McNeal Member

So glad I logged in and saw this. Thanks so much for sharing this again! What an amazing man! I wrote this poem and sent it to Simon just about the time that World Show video was made. Marjo said he liked it!

To Simon T. Blackshaw
    Good man and Dear Friend
    So sad when we learned
    You were nearing the end

For so many years
    You've lit up our lives
    Your art and your words
    Truly opened our eyes

To the wonders of nature
    And the beauty you saw
    Then took in your hands
    And shared it with all