1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

bear/lion dog training, 2 spots available

Discussion in 'Training' started by Western Rivers, Sep 2, 2006.

1. Western Rivers

Western Rivers Wolves are Idaho's #1 Poacher!

We will have openings for 2 dogs september 10th. Dogs will be hunted full time with seasoned hounds, and broke off unwanted game. 500.00 month (includes boarding) Call or email for information

Lee Wolford
    208-476-5091

2. catman

catman Active Member

How many races will these dogs get in a months time?Are you bear hunting for a living?

3. Western Rivers

I usually hunt my dogs every other day, unless they get too wore down, then the get a couple days off. Generally run a bear every day somtimes two if the first race is short. On the cougar and Bobcats about one race every 3 to 4 days, depending on the weather.

4. catman

catman Active Member

Are you guiding dudes or are looking to train some pups to help with gas?Do you do taxidermy full time?

5. Western Rivers

No, i hunt as a hobby for myself, i am a full time Taxidermist. I usually take on a few pups to help pay my food and gas bill.

6. catman

catman Active Member

I got a little walker dog I might consider sending down if you promised not to lose him.He's about nine monthes old, but he lied about his age when I showed him a bear.It's good to get a real nice early starter every now and then to stay interested.

7. Western Rivers

I know what you mean, i run all the dogs with tracking equipment. Are you in Montana? Call me or email me and we can talk about it. Im leaving thismorning with the dogs, so i may not be around until late tonite depending on what happens! You know how that goes! lol
    Lee