1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

This is my mount....this is my mount on taxi net!

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by jhunter13, Jun 27, 2014.

1. jhunter13

jhunter13 Member

Just wanted to post a thank you to everyone who contributes to this site. I have learned so much just by reading, searching, posting and trying the techniques shown on this site. I have not yet asked for a critique on a mount becuase I know I have a long way to go. But, I finished my 7th wt this week and thought I would show you my 2nd mount (school trained but prior to taxi net) and my 7th mount which is my 3rd mount since joining this site. I am really happy with the progress. Thanks again everyone.

Jon

Pre-taxi net
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Post-taxi net

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

There is another step or two after beginners class, taxinet,,, then what? Advanced training to get rid of taxinet mistakes?

3. jhunter13

jhunter13 Member

Low T......I am certian that no matter how long I do this there is always room for improvement. But yes, advanced classes, workshops, trial and error. Even with the improvment I made I still find several on the most recent mount. Enough to drive me crazy.

4. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

It will always be that way, never satisfied myself to this date, there is always room for more training, and improvement. Just don't ever stop learning.

5. brushycreek

brushycreek New Member

Just a few suggestions , and I might get told but this is how I finish my deer. One the finish work put more texture to the nose. Also I like to use epoxy sculpt and red flock and put that in the nostril . After you mix and smooth out your done. It gives it a veiny look with a hint of pink. But never stop using reference. But your coming along :)))

6. kosterman

kosterman New Member

Well on your way jon. Stay with it and everyone will get better as you go. Looking good.

7. Brian Reinertson

Brian Reinertson Well-Known Member

Iowa
    Look at your brow reference pics

8. jhunter13

jhunter13 Member

Thanks kosterman. Brian, thanks. I will definitely watch that next mount.