1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Brindle Coyotes - Are they full yote or coydogs?

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by Ginger2000, Jun 28, 2014.

1. This has been bugging me for a while and I have little understanding of genetics (or such).

One of my Yote pelts is a Brindle Coyote, purchased from Glacier Wear around 2 years ago.

I've got 6 other Coyotes and one thing I note is while their fur tends to 'stand', the brindle yote's fur lies flat. Another thing is it's missing the 'V' behind the shoulders, where most coyotes usually have it.

I'm wondering, is a Brindle Coyote technically a Coydog? I'm pretty sure the brindle colouration isn't a natural colour to Coyotes. If it is, how much of a Coydog would it be?

I probably sound like a complete moron but I'd like some help with this. I apologise if this is also the wrong place to post this. :/

2. WolvesRock117

WolvesRock117 New Member

Because It does not have the "V" mark (I belive this is actually a scent gland, sorry if I'm wrong) it a dead give away that it would be a coydog. All wolves and coyotes have that v. The way the fur lies flatter could also hint towards being a coydog.

So it is for sure a coydog. BUT I do think it is possible that there could be a true brindle coyote, like there are whitemarks, piebalds, blacks, ect.. It would just be extremely rare.