1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Something you havent seen before -

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by masterdunbar, Jul 1, 2014.

1. Finally got my comp piece together for this year's show. Dreamed up something a little different..........and it did well at the show.

Enjoy

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

Your right about that. Ain't never seen that before. That is Awesome! Very original and creative. I'm glad it did well. Congrats.

3. scottdawg

scottdawg Member

Very well done Congrats!

4. verne

verne Well-Known Member

Thumbs up . ;)

5. country

country Member

It's a great piece man! Thanks for sharing

6. Very neat i like it

7. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

Im digging everything decoratively speaking...until I saw the braided rope. Beautiful mount and idea!

8. zubba

zubba Active Member

Neat idea. I like it. Am I missing something with the braided rope? I think it looks fine.

9. boarhunter67

boarhunter67 Well-Known Member

Beautiful, especially the contrast of the dark brow.

10. tem

tem Well-Known Member

that's a good idea. like planting a seed and it grows. nice work.

11. zubba

zubba Active Member

I know what you mean, but it ties into the color of the skeleton of the base so I don't think it looks too bad.

12. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

To me, gold braided rope belongs on things like exotic drapes and captain crunch suits, not deerheads, lol. I still think this is a refreshing new presentation, and thats what Im complimenting. A really original idea done well.

13. boarhunter67

boarhunter67 Well-Known Member

I like to use old rustic rope around some of my antler plaques, but I do a rock instead of velvet so it fits.

14. Each to their own.........but in total if the rope is all that there is to complain about then ............SWEEEEEEET!!!

Thanks for the compliments though. Means alot. There is a reason that the felt and rope was used rather than rock, decorative leather, etc (long story) the color of the rope matches perfectly to the bone (not gold :)

Yox - to hear your compliments means alot brotha! thank you

15. Jeff Lumsden

Jeff Lumsden Well-Known Member

"hokie, amateurish, redneck and Captain crunch?" Dang Bill? Antlerman I think you've pretty much described yourself, lol.

Congrats MD- You put together a very unique piece, that's difficult to do these days! We didn't mind the rope so much, but were concerned about it being wobbly. But it was as secure and strong as spiraling rebar could have been. Overall nice work! 8)

Jeff

16. KFLAH

KFLAH Active Member

awesome job masterdunbar

17. 1fish2fish

1fish2fish Well-Known Member

Dig it, even the rope.
    Best, Scott

18. HA! Thanks

19. KatieC

KatieC Active Member

Wow, great piece! I don't see what's wrong with the braided rope; the color works perfectly with the rest of the composition. Not really sure what's wrong with putting a braided rope on a deer head in general. I think it's just a matter of personal preference.

20. Overall I think it is really cool and different. I of coarse, being into skulls love the vertebrae and skull. The mounted deer, the bone and everything else looks natural. The rope to me is the only thing that speaks to me that man has intervened in this very natural looking piece. Rope is out of place when you find a deer skeleton in the woods. Really a great piece I wouldn't mind owning.