1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Price of timber wolf

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by bonus41, Jul 1, 2014.

1. bonus41

bonus41 Member

My cousin trapped this guy a couple months ago and I fell in love with him! I just graduated from high school this month and I found a package at my door... Which was weird becuase I wasn't expecting anything and I opened it to find that same timber wolf I fell in love with!

I feel bad cause this wolf was his only 'star' of his season only trapping coons and then this guy... I would like to re-pay him
    Somehow but I have no idea what the wolf would be worth if say I went to sell him this week..

He is a wall hanger; not mountable, he is missing his paws and lower jaw, other then that he Is complete. He is nicley tanned and has no holes in his pelt. And he measured 5 Feet 8 inches in length

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. freeze_1

freeze_1 Booboo, my business manager

You could get a good idea by checking with Moscow Hide and Fur in Idaho,
    http://www.hideandfur.com/inventory/Antlers.html?MS

3. kosterman

kosterman New Member

Or look through the for sale section and see what the going rate is.

4. EbonFeline

EbonFeline New Member

Your cousin gave you a prized possession as a gift....and you are looking at the going rate to sell it?
    Why not keep it, cherish it which was likely your cousins intent... not to sell an item even you acknowledge as being important to you both.
    No amount of money can pay for his generosity..

5. ClockworkCrow

ClockworkCrow Skull and Bird enthuisaist

I think they meant what it's worth IF they sold it so they could pay their cousin back.

I have seen those huge well furred wolf wall hangers go for around $300-$400 is that helps at all. C:

6. bonus41

bonus41 Member

No :O I didn't mean to actually sell him! I wanted to pay him back somehow for all his hard work. I feel kinda bad for him
    Sending me a 300$ pelt and him not getting anything in return!