1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

HQ TAXIDERMY SUPPLY NEW BLACK BEAR FORM!

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by NICKYG, Jul 4, 2014.

1. NICKYG

NICKYG "IS IT ALIVE, OR WAS IT MOUNTED BY GLORIOSO?"

Happy 4Th of July Everybody!! I Was sooo excited when I opened up the Box from HQ the other day, and got my Hot Outta the Mold Aaron Connely Black Bear Form! It is sweet! It has a very nice docile look to it, And is very Anatomically Accurate! The only thing I'm going to do to alter it is put on a reproduction Nose, In which I do for all my black bears. Check em out at HQ! Call Em at 866 365 0130

Attached Files:

2. B Jones

B Jones Memeber of - NTA,UTA,AIT.Proud Member of NZTA.

500 views and no comments, I wonder why not?

3. oh no you didn't?????

4. B Jones

oop's I did!!! ;D

5. WILD BROOKIES

WILD BROOKIES JOIN EBTJV SAVE A RESOURCE

sizes?

6. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

the only problem I have heard about their forms is that the foam is way to soft....also thin skull boards and backboards

7. NICKYG

They are going to make them in several sizes! I have the very first one out of the new mold which is a 4 3/4 Nose to Eye and 20 In Neck Size. The form is very well crafted with Tough foam and a Solid plywood backboard! Order one, you won't be disappointed!

8. B Jones

Are you one of their Pro Staffers or what. I have noticed that you post a lot about their products. I have used some of the HQ deer forms before and don't find them any better than McKenzie, OTS, Coombs or any of the other better manikins. What makes these bear forms any better than say some of the forms that are offered through other suppliers/sculptors? Why do you need to put an artificial nose on a anatomically correct form, just curious?

9. Brian Reinertson

Brian Reinertson Well-Known Member

Iowa
    Whatever happened to your Revolution endorsement? I thought they made the best deer and bear forms on the market?

10. verne

verne Well-Known Member

So post a picture of the finished bear . Then we can judge if we like it or not .

11. Gurneyjockey

Gurneyjockey Member

I agree with museum man about the backboards, used a bunch of the Muley forms this year and the screws were pullin on all of em, irritating

12. Bravesfan

Bravesfan New Member

They probably would like to hear this as feedback so this could be addressed.

I use a lot of their forms and I know that when I test fit my capes I pin them around the brisket and shoulders to hold the skin in place, and I always have to come in at least 3/4 of an inch to miss the backboard with my pins and I have never had a screw pull or strip out on their forms.

Also may be the kind of screws you are using.

13. NICKYG

I am going to mount this bear soon! Been very busy with my Full time occupation US AIR FORCE and do my taxidermy Part time.. As far as noses, I prefer to take measurements of my bears before I skin them, including nose height and width, write them down on my customers sheet, and cut the real nose off the bear! I Have mounted tons of bears this way, and get a perfect nose with a live bears inner nose detail that will never move, as I have found real bear noses do sometimes! A little know how, proper installation of nose and Roughing up of junction before applying my favorite thick Zap A Gap glue and using a riffler file to get a perfect junction Does the trick! ;-)

14. Brian Reinertson

Brian Reinertson Well-Known Member

Iowa
    Thank you for your service NickyG, we all greatly appreciate it. I gave my first class seat to a Marine today and sat coach next to a fat guy and loved every minute of it.

15. v.fleming

v.fleming New Member

Never had a problem with the wood not being thick enough in Gene's forms.

16. NICKYG

I am proud to still be serving in the U S AIR FORCE!! ;)

17. Never had any screws strip out of any of the shoulder forms,elk mulie whitetail! Very good forms

18. jakerouse79

jakerouse79 New Member

I use HQ forms every chance I can. I have never had a problem with any form I've got from them...they will continue to be my first choice.

19. hfparker

hfparker New Member

Never a problem with any form from HQ. I use forms from many different companys and the quality of the forms from HQ are second to none not to mention I have received exceptional service from everyone there, HQ and Carolina Fur Dressing. I am actually mounting on one today and it appears to me the plywood on the back of the form is 5/8".

20. NICKYG

Yes, I love their forms as well! I Have mounted on their whitetail forms, Black bear Forms, Mule deer forms, and Aaron Connelly Black Bear Rugshell with Cast Lip and Cast Nose id the very next I am Mounting! Go HQ!! :) You guyz are the Bomb! 866 365 0130 for a Catalog! Tell em Big Nick from NY Sent Ya! ;-)