1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

NTA schedule?

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by ftWildttWall, Jul 5, 2014.

1. Does anyone know when the deadline is for entering a competition piece at the show? The schedule online is a little confusing. It states that registration and mount acceptance is from 5pm to 8pm on Wednesday and then nothing is mentioned about registration again until Friday from 8am to 4pm.

2. DavidsonT

DavidsonT Member

I called,because I was also confused.Entries will be accepted untill 11:30 Thursday morning

3. Thanks.

4. Must not be any info being mailed out for this years convention

5. Must not be any info being mailed out for this years convention

6. Taxiserv

Taxiserv James Newport

I emailed the NTA w the same question.
    I recieved an email saying the 18th at 11:30 which is Friday.

7. Jerry Huffaker

Jerry Huffaker Well-Known Member

says they open to the public on thursday at 7-9:30 , I assume that is for peoples choice voting so that would mean the entries would shut off on thursday?

8. Brian Reinertson

Brian Reinertson Well-Known Member

Iowa
    This is stupid.. The Iowa show is better organized than the damn national show??

9. boarmountain

boarmountain Member

The cut off is 11:30 am on Thursday

10. Taxiserv

Taxiserv James Newport

I think we are just dealing w a typo that unfortunately was not caught. Granted a pretty major one. Nothing more. I'm def glad this came up and I didn't show up a day late!!

11. Jerry Huffaker

Jerry Huffaker Well-Known Member

There you go Taxiserv, your time is 11:29:59 Thursday and not a minute earlier

12. Taxiserv

Taxiserv James Newport

Haha don't worry u know I won't be any earlier!!!

13. Yes there was info that went out, over 10,000 flyers. Huh we caught hell for sending them out, now its hell for not sending them.

Yes there has been some last minute changes, it happens in every show.

Like I have said times and times before, if you can do the job, jump out of the audience and into the fire, there is plenty of work to go around.

You young guys are more than welcome to show up for setup.
    http://www.nationaltaxidermists.com/national-convention.cfm

Typos hell yea! We are only human, let those speak first who never made a mistake. Oh wait everyone has. Hey its all good. See yall soon.

14. I was a lifetime member never got any info mailed to me two of my friends who are members never got anything either

15. Snag, you do understand the NTA never received a member list from the former EX Dir. Nothing nodda, zip. Imagine putting the whole thing together from scratch and thats what we have done. So if someone was missed we apologize. Last week I found another LT member we did not know about because we had not member list prior to what we have developed the last year.

Oh and his number is LT 209. We will get there it may be slow but we will get there.

Send your info to the NTA HQ.

NTA
    POBox 549
    Green Forest AR 72638

16. Brian Reinertson

Iowa
    So here is a question... Should the national champ in each category really feel like one if maybe a better competitor didn't even know when the show was?? Just asking. There are more details on taxinet for state shows, geesh

17. Paul I

Paul I New Member

Hey John I think your offer for a helper has arrived.LOL

18. Brian Reinertson

Iowa
    If you mean me, you can't put a turd in a prom dress and expect it to turn heads..

19. Paul I

Paul I New Member

Im sorry if your a turd.I would hope you would be a rising star.

20. I betcha it would!!! That would be a sight that would give people whiplash! It's not every day one could see a vision like that --- heads would be whipping around for blocks, jaws would be dropping, tongues would be lolling, eyes would be staring!! ;D ;D. I double dog dare you to do it. ;)