1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Professional Photos of Your NTA Entries

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Ken Edwards, Jul 7, 2014.

1. Ken Edwards

Ken Edwards Taxidermy.Net Administrator Staff Member

I am looking forward to attending the National Taxidermists Association convention in Springdale, Arkansas next week, and I am also honored to be the show photographer for the 21st straight year. As the mounts arrive on Wednesday afternoon and Thursday morning, I will shoot high-quality professional photos of each entry on a seamless background with studio lighting. These photos will be used in the NTA promotional materials, during the awards banquet as the winners are announced, and some may even find their way onto the pages of trade publications or the Taxidermy.Net website.

As I have done in the past with the NTA, if you would like a CD with the photos of your entry, you can order it at the show as your entry is being photographed. I usually shoot from 6 to 10 shots of each entry from different angles and compositions. For the purchased photo CDs, I retouch, crop, adjust color and contrast, clean up imperfections, clone and extend the background if necessary, and generally make each photo look as good as possible. Then I will mail you your personalized CD about six weeks after the show for you to use in any way you see fit. You can copy the photos to your computer, you can use them for a brochure, your web site, a portfolio, or take the files to a photo processor to have prints made.

Here are a couple of samples of the selection of photos contained on a CD with a single entry:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you are interested in purchasing the photos of your pieces, the price for a single entry on a CD is $25 which includes shipping. Additional entries on the same CD are $15 each, so a CD with two entries would be $40 and a CD with three entries would be $55.

This may be your best chance to get professional photography of your taxidermy artwork at a bargain price. I have done this for hundreds of taxidermists over the past ten years and have not heard of anyone who was unhappy with the results.

See you in Springdale,
    Ken Edwards

2. boarmountain

boarmountain Member

Ken,
    I want to thank you on behalf of the NTA for your unending support. Your work behind the camera is always fantastic.

This is a great opportunity for taxidermists to have pics done for your portfolio or website. It would cost hundreds to have a photographer do this, (I know, I've had it done several times) so this a steal. Bring your mounts and at the very least have some awesome pics of your art to display and promote your work.

3. DavidsonT

DavidsonT Member

Ken-thanks for all your hard work,you always make our mounts look great.I would rather show a customer the picture you took than the actual mount !Then when you put together everything for the awards banquet in such a short time,I am always impressed.