1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Taxidermy Magazine

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by gdiii20, Jul 10, 2014.

1. gdiii20

gdiii20 Member

I know this topic was covered not to long ago, and I can't seem to find it! I wana subscribe to breakthrough or taxidermy, but debating which 1. My question to all veteran taxidermists! Are they really helpful if so which do you recommend?

2. I'm not a veteran taxidermist by any means, but Breakthrough is a good magazine. There is good info in there. I've never read the other magazine so I can't say for sure which is better but I like Breakthrough. Hope this helps

3. Very informative get both if you can.

4. gdiii20

gdiii20 Member

Yea I'm Gona do both! Thanx guys I appreciate it

5. jk

jk Member

I have gotten both for a number of years. I have Breakthroughs back over 20 years. I would say that taxidermy today is a good book for the beginner. A lot of basic articles that can help. Breakthrough is more in depth, great reference photos and has more high end taxidermy information. As I said I get both and look forward to every new issue, however, I do get more out of the breakthrough magazine. They are both a must have if you are a taxidermist.

6. Denton Shearin

Denton Shearin 2009-Breakthrough Award, McKenzie Award,

If you can only get 1, Breakthrough. but try to get them both.

7. bhymel

bhymel New Member

Get the both, but my openion Taxidermy Today is more for the working mans type shop,or small shop if you know what i mean.

Billy