1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

possible black bear scam

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by ShastaDonegan, Jul 12, 2014.

1. ShastaDonegan

ShastaDonegan Lets start with ridiculous and move backwards.

As Taxidermist we all get plenty of strange requests... it comes with the territory, however this one has just left a very bad taste in my mouth. I wanted to share this out of curiosity/raise awareness because I'm betting this person has contacted quite a few taxidermist. I'm just going to post the correspondence over the past 3 days in order and let you draw your own conclusions.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. pir^2h

pir^2h Retrievers give you the bird

SCAM!!!!

Sounds like the same thing that was going around on here a couple months ago. Unfortunately, sooner or later they will find a fish to bite and that person will be out big money.

3. Alive Again

Alive Again New Member

Got that same initial email this week. Any email that starts out as mine did, "dear sir/ma", immediately goes in the trash bin. If u dont know whether im a sir or a mam, I have a hard time believing u are real.

4. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

you can tell by the broken English something is up

5. B Jones

B Jones Memeber of - NTA,UTA,AIT.Proud Member of NZTA.

It's a credit card scam going around to all of us. He gives you stolen CC number you make the illegal transaction send him or her their $1500 cut. You keep $1000. and all the jail time that comes with it since you are the only person on record making the transaction.

Good thing the bear laws are what they are in Virginia or you might just have made the transaction and been in serious doo, doo.

6. timberlandtaxidermy

timberlandtaxidermy Taxidermy Instructor NTA Certified Judge

Yep. I got the same email awhile ago. Forwarded it to local fish & game.
    Run away ;)

7. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

Im not sure why anyone would even bother to reply to requests like these. Mrs kim wants to sell me fleshing machines...supply me with all my molding needs...ive inherited much money as im now a king somewhere...the list goes on. We really need to warn people in here? Haha.

8. Taxiserv

Taxiserv James Newport

Got the same email down in Texas w a few different names. I assumed a scam an didn't reply.

9. pir^2h

I would give it to my son to string them along for as long as possible. He is good at that and loves getting them all pi$$ed off when he finally tells them they have been had at their own game. These scammers have used some choice language when that happens. Their English may have poor grammar but they know how to cuss!

10. B Jones

B Jones Memeber of - NTA,UTA,AIT.Proud Member of NZTA.

Some people do Bill. But like you, when you read most of these it is obvious that they are scams, especially the ones asking for you to run a card and keep some of the money and send the rest to some other idiot.

11. ShastaDonegan

I was just trying to be nice and explain my policies. I would never run someone's card via phone and mail anyone else any money. I only use PayPal so they would have to run their own card. Now I remember WHY I stopped bothering with this site. Thanks for reminding me. I deal with customers that have broken English almost every day... No reason to cause alarm alone. I responded to a person's email. .. The rest was communicated in real time.

12. duxdown

duxdown New Member

Same Ole scam so to speak. Oh Shasta did you ever mount that baby fox?

13. Bill Yox

Now I know why I dont post as often in here either, shasta. People cant read the obvious. It was a joke about all those inquires. Not a comment about you or your policies.

14. ShastaDonegan

I wad referring to BJones when he commented that my states laws were all that prevented me from the scam. .. really?

15. springer1

springer1 Member

I saw this scam back in January ,but it was for a grizzly bear , I told him if he is serious call or I have 2 words for you ! funny he never got back huh !

16. Kathy

Kathy Active Member

Here's the one I got this morning:

Dear sir/ma,
    My name is Doug Morris I'm hearing impaired I have a bear that i just bought from a hunter who called mr Simon, Black Bear measures from tip of tail to tip of nose 6 feet 6 inches. Measures from paw to front paw 9ft. 11 inches weight 400 pounds. But i want a standing bear with 4 legs stand. Let me know if you can mount it for me and how much it will cost and how many months it will take you. also do you accept Credit card incase i wanted to make a deposit. So am expecting your reply.

I did not feel the slightest urge to educate this person -- real or not -- and dumped his letter.

17. Bill Yox

Yesterdays mail...

--------------- Dear
    How are you?

I would like to ask that do you make progress in your project?

If you have any questions or concerns, don not hesitate to let me know. I am very glad to serve you.
    We have made a lot of plastic moulds and die casting mold & parts , so we have rich experiences with plastic moulds and die casting mold . we export to Germany ,USA, France a lot.
    1. Any orders regarding mold making, plastic products,Die-casting products and metal parts.
    2.Your seek for mold orders based on your full brand superiority and geographic advantage.

3. Response promptly.

4. The complete quality control system for ever stage of mould-building or mouldings;

5. Rich experiences in the standard for Europe , America and Oceania.

6. We provide molds and finish your order in China where you can find cheap materials and cheap staff costs.So we can save your cost by20% to 30%!!!

If you have any inquiry for plastic mold or die casting mold, Please feel free to contact us, we will quote best price to you sooner.
    I look forward to hearing from you
    Best regards,
    Bill
    Oversea marketing

18. Denton Shearin

Denton Shearin 2009-Breakthrough Award, McKenzie Award,

Really? Are there really people out there stupid enough to fall for this kind of scam?

19. pir^2h

YES! As P. T. Barnum said, "There's a sucker born every minute". It is hard to imagine that someone would be dumb enough but obviously someone is or they would not keep trying to do the same scam over and over again.

20. Got the same email today from a Chang Kim. Figured i would check here before responding and glad i did! Hope everyone that gets it will check first. Came as regular email not spam and wasnt sure but sounded strange!
    Losers will try anything unfortunately!
    Good Luck!!