1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Blue Wolf

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by Skywalker, Jul 12, 2014.

1. Wow!! Just awesome.....Can you recreate a sasquatch sunning himself or herself on a rock like that , that would be a show stopper ....

2. Skywalker

Skywalker Well-Known Member

Working on it Charlie! Thank you all for the kind words.

3. juli

juli Active Member

Ken, I have to ask if you ever wish there were better white banded wolf eyes? I know those are the closest out there, but I have never been overly ffond of them and only use them because they are the best available.

4. Very very nice. looks alive.

5. *

* Liberalism IS A MENTAL ILLNESS !

Looks like it's going to be a combo piece, Sleeping Bigfoot on the other base and his Blue wolf watching over him as he sleeps.... ;D
    Nice wolf MR Walker.

6. Skywalker

Thanks Dennis! Juli, you are absolutely right about the eyes. At one time Tohicken was making a custom eye for me that showed yellow in the black Wolves and more greenish in the gray's. I have to get with Tony and do an updated Wolf eye as there is a need. That Blue is my commercial work, a compo mount would have gotten better eyes!

7. This is one of the best wolves I've ever seen!

8. fantastic Ken!!! Love seeing your work!!!!

Marco

9. juli

juli Active Member

I just went to the AK zoo a few days ago..the wolves were laying out, and I managed a few nice ref photos.. here is one that really shows eye rotation and correct color that wolf eyes are. Ken, I haven't done a lot of looking around for other good eyes, mind sharing what you use for comp mount?

[​IMG]

10. Paul I

Paul I New Member

Always first class that white wolf was awesome also.I have a poster of a black wolf coming at you head down eyes up.Your the one to pull it off.Thanks for sharing.

11. Skywalker

If you send that photo to Tohicken Juli they will make you that eye. Remember to always tell them to bump up the "brilliance" a bit.

12. juli

juli Active Member

Thanks Ken! :)

13. ya beautiful mount!!