1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

How high to place mount on a floor pedestal

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by fht, Jul 14, 2014.

1. fht

fht New Member

Is there a general rule of thumb to go by for floor pedestal mounts? What height that's most pleasing to place the specimen?

Sent from my DROIDX using Ohub Campfire mobile app

2. ortegageno

ortegageno Active Member

NM
    Way too many variables to get an answer to that question. Now if your talking about a basic deer pedestal mount than I believe A pedestal base aprox. 32 in is standard. I like to get my deer pedestal mounts about the same eye level as the customer so they won't have to either look up or down at it.

3. fht

fht New Member

I was wondering what it should be at about the eye. I realize each one is different but I didn't know if it should be that you look it in the eye or nose or what is best

4. Denton Shearin

Denton Shearin 2009-Breakthrough Award, McKenzie Award,

I agree with Hammer, for standard pedestal mount, the deers eye at about eye level works very well.

5. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

A basic general rule of art is to display it at eye level. Even my wall mounts are close to eye level unless it is in a tree or on a mountain ledge where looking up adds to the perception.

6. fht

fht New Member

Thanks for the advice. I'm doing a cape buffalo floor pedestal now and eye level just seems so high but I kinda figured that eye level was the proper height. That's how I do everything else. Just thought I'd get some other opinions

7. Tahrhunter

Tahrhunter www.taxidermy.co.nz

You should consider the height before you mount it.

8. Tony Corleone

Tony Corleone New Member

Placing the nose about 5 feet from the ground allows the average viewer look it over pretty good.